Buyer Jobs Vacancy in Gogo Commercial Aviation Chicago
Gogo Commercial Aviation Chicago urgently required following position for Buyer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Buyer Jobs Vacancy in Gogo Commercial Aviation Chicago Jobs Details:
This position is responsible for purchasing material and services for Gogo Commercial Aviation.
The buyer will be in charge of placing Purchase Orders to a list of suppliers designated by the Procurement organization, and according to the Purchasing triggers generated by Gogo MRP system.
The buyer will be responsible for managing and expediting the Purchases orders until their on-time delivery and receipts in Gogo ERP system, while offering total and accurate visibility on the PO status.
In a mindset of continuous improvement, the buyer will participate to the development of strategies aiming to improve material On Time Delivery, increase the overall material availability while decreasing the total cost of inventory ownership.
The role will assist in evaluating vendors and determining most cost- effective strategy.
This position will also work with stakeholders to manage supplier on time delivery to support overall support for operational excellence and quality products and services to all of it’s customers.
The Buyer at Gogo performs a combination of administrative tasks for the company.
- Analyze MRP requisition worksheet
- Action purchase requisitions into purchase orders.
- Manage the PO and provide status. Expedite or push out.
- Direct working relationship with vendors and shippers to ensure timely shipments and deliveries of supplies/equipment. Conduct a weekly Open Order Book reviews w/ suppliers. Identify risks. Escalate when needed.
- Coordinate the different functions to ensure timely receipts of material.
- Report on portfolio and suppliers OTD (On time Delivery). Report suppliers performance to Procurement. Participate when needed to SPR and QBR led by Procurement.
- Interact with QA and Document Control to ensure BOM and parts are implemented.
- Support AOG on rotation schedule.
- Associates degree in Materials Management, Supply Chain management or Industrial Engineering. APICS certification preferred.
- 5 years Supply Chain or Purchasing experience in manufacturing environment, ideally in aerospace, electronics or other technical products.
- Experience in ERP/MRP environment required. NAVISION software experience a plus.
- Proficient in MS Office, Access and MS Project.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills required.
We connect the aviation industry and its travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared for a dynamic ride with people who are passionate about what they’re building.
Gogo is an equal opportunity employer and works in compliance with both federal and state laws. We are committed to the concept regarding Equal Employment opportunity. Qualified candidates will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, marital status, medical condition or disability. The EEO is the law and is available here .
Gogo participates in E-Verify. Details in English and Spanish . Right to Work Statement in English and Spanish .