Job Title Technical Writer Hardware Systems Jobs Vacancy in Metron Inc Reston
Metron Inc Reston urgently required following position for Job Title Technical Writer Hardware Systems. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Job Title Technical Writer Hardware Systems Jobs Vacancy in Metron Inc Reston Jobs Details:
Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Log back in!
Technical Writer - Hardware Systems
Posted Date 5 months ago
Job ID 2017-1387 Job Location: City Reston Job Location: State/Province VA
Job Description Our Computing and Engineering Technologies for Unmanned Systems (CETUS) division is seeking a full time Technical Writer - Hardware Systems for immediate employment. We are looking for an enthusiastic and detail oriented individual with experience on DoD projects for mechanical and electrical hardware, safety, engineering, and test documentation. Excellent communication skills are required, including technical writing and engineering documentation. This position involves taking information from hardware engineering teams and turning it into clear and understandable documentation such as manuals and safety procedures.
- Ability to write using clear and concise language that adheres to customer-established standards and conventions.
- Ability to write technical content for maintenance technical manuals including installation, test, repair, and troubleshooting procedures.
- Ability to acquire and verify subject matter content by interviewing workers engaged in developing products, observing production methods, referring to engineering drawings, notes, manuals, and similar publications. Ability to simplify technical concepts, information or processes in written form that is comprehensible to a wide audience of readers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Physics or other engineering related field with significant technical writing experience is highly preferred. Alternatively, Bachelor’s in English, Communications or Liberal arts with experience and background in documentation of engineering documents and/or manuals
- Minimum two years of technical writing experience for an Engineering related products
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio)
- Experience with CAD software desired.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawing, wiring diagrams required.
- Experience on systems or R&D projects a plus
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Some travel may be required (less than 10%)
- At least an Active DoD Secret security clearance highly preferred
- US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Position Location: Reston, VA
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Metron takes affirmative action in support of its policy to employ and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Options Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS