Project Engineer Jobs Vacancy in The Dow Chemical Company Houston
The Dow Chemical Company Houston urgently required following position for Project Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Project Engineer Jobs Vacancy in The Dow Chemical Company Houston Jobs Details:
The Dow Chemical Company currently has an opening for a Project Engineer to be located at the Houston, TX Site. Project Engineering is the key role in overall planning and organization of the project execution and leads the engineering team through the design phase of the project. The Project Engineer coordinates the engineering activities throughout the life of the project. They drive front end loading to ensure there is clear scope definition before engaging detailed design. Project Engineering enables adequate project control systems to allow schedule and cost forecasting as well as robust change control. They coordinate the technical contract package development and deployment for execution of the project and will direct and administer activities with the successful construction contractors and interact with outside engineering firms when work is outsourced. At this experience level they typically lead intermediate and small large projects locally or regionally or as asst. Project Engineer on large project.
Core responsibilities of the Project Engineer include:
- Drive project execution and coach team on application of the Global Project Methodology (GPM) work process.
- Provide overall planning and organization during the design and construction.
- Develop staffing plans.
- Coordinate all design engineering, procurement, and construction activities.
- Lead the project execution planning including contracting strategy development.
- Analyze project risks and develop mitigation plans.
- Initiate, monitor, and update the project schedule, estimates, monitor project cost and manage change to established scope and baselines.
- Identify and take corrective action (with appropriate approval) to ensure the project goals for cycle-time, cost, and quality are met.
- Deliver as-built and operations/maintenance documentation to the facility.
- Minimum of 7 years of industry relevant experience is required.
- Experience leading teams is required.
- Excellent communication skills, organizational and work coordination skills and interpersonal skills are also critical to role success and required.
- Change management is required.
- Experience with project execution and broad understanding of the relationships between Engineering, Procurement, & Construction is required.
- Experience in managing deliverables needed to prepare project estimates and schedules is required.
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification is preferred
- Bachelors degree in Engineering is required.
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com.
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
- An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance while sharing success across the company
- Employee stock ownership - and the commitment to long-term success that it brings
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
- Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us, you may call us at 1+800-523-3945 and select Option 1, or send a facsimile request to 1+989-636-3674.