Dietary Supervisor Chef Assisted Living Jobs Vacancy in New Level Resources Los Angeles
New Level Resources Los Angeles urgently required following position for Dietary Supervisor Chef Assisted Living. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Dietary Supervisor Chef Assisted Living Jobs Vacancy in New Level Resources Los Angeles Jobs Details:
We are currently seeking a Dietary Supervisor for our client in Los Angeles. Please read description and if interested, please email your resume to me ASAP with salary expectation ASAP firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Food Services Supervisor is a working/supervisory position responsible for the leadership and supervision of the food services at Assisted Living Facility. Food service delivery should be made in such a way as to control costs, contain risks and satisfy resident/family expectations. Responsibilities include coordinating, supervising, and participating in food production while following an established menu, standardized recipes, safety/sanitation procedures, and food distribution time schedules. The role requires substantive interaction with residents, families, managers and staff.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Treats all staff in accordance with the principles of Servant Leadership.
- Continuously monitors the staffs’ food production, assesses their performance against established standards providing instruction and guidance as required to guarantee the quality of each menu item.
- Hires and trains new staff.
- Initiates staff disciplinary action as needed and recommends termination of staff who are unable to reach or maintain department standards.
- Ensures that all staff observe required safety practices.
- Conducts monthly department meeting with staff and submits minutes to the Executive Director.
- Coordinates the food production activities by delegating work assignments and ensuring their timely completion.
- Consult regularly with a nutritionist on menu and food service areas.
- Assures that menu items ingredients meet standards for quality, wholesomeness, and quantity.
- Provides creative menu planning, implementation and ensures all standardized recipes are followed as they are written and in consultation with a licensed dietician.
- Utilizes sound food handling practices for the storage and preparation for each menu item.
- Maintains a strict “clean as you go” policy for self and staff, ensuring a clean, professional work environment.
- Purchases food and supply purchases from approved vendors.
- Maintains an effective and efficient inventory control system, including conducting monthly physical food supply inventory on the last day of the month.
- Schedules daily prep and production lists.
- Develops weekly menus and menu cycles and keep on file menus as served.
- Monitors all equipment for correct operation. Ensures that all preventative maintenance tasks are completed on schedule. Arranges repair through approved vendors when equipment malfunctions.
- Provides therapeutically correct food items for special diets.
- Ensures the completion of temperature and meal record logs, and participates in taste testing and temperature recording.
- Works with Management Team, contributing ideas and suggestions in the planning of special theme and or holiday occasions.
- Other tasks as requested by the Executive Director.
1. Be at least (18) years of age.
2. Be in good health, and physically and mentally capable of performing assigned tasks. Good physical health shall be verified by a health screening performed by a physician not more than (6) months prior to or (7) days after employment.
3. Demonstrates freedom from pulmonary tuberculosis within (7) days of employment.
4. Possess a current Food Handlers Card as specified per the Department of Health.
6. Must be criminally cleared by DOJ and FBI via the Live-Scan process prior to initial presence in the facility.
7. At least 3 years of total experience in senior housing or a related field is preferred.
8. Has demonstrated skills, knowledge and competency in the areas of leadership, training and supervision.
9. Proficient written and oral communication skills with other members of management, professional and support staff are also required.
10. Completion of formal culinary, food service or restaurant training or an equivalent amount of full-time supervisory or management-level work experience.
: FULL TIME BENEFITS