Release Information Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Memorial Hermann Houston
Memorial Hermann Houston urgently required following position for Release Information Specialist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Release Information Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Memorial Hermann Houston Jobs Details:
Job DescriptionResponsible for responding to written request for the release of protected health information (PHI) through prompt and courteous service in a fast-paced, high-volume, and customer-focused environment. Ensures accuracy and safeguards patient rights to privacy by adhering to MH policies and procedures and federal and state Privacy laws.
Education: High school diploma required. Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Health Information Technology or equivalent preferred.
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Minimum of 6 months experience in a customer service setting preferably in health information management.
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of healthcare terminology. Knowledge and understanding of privacy information preferred.
- Strong prioritization, organization, verbal and written communication skills; critical thinking skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a professional team environment.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Identifies and compiles protected health information to be released as outlined in the request for protected health information.
- Applies key quality checks, such as ensuring that all documents produced meet the specifications as outlined in the authorization, to ensure compliance with the release of protected health information and identify documentation gaps.
- Communicates documentation gaps to appropriate staff and monitors medical record for resolution of errors.
- Verifies charges associated with the production of requested protected health information are correct before invoice is sent to requestor.
- Ensures that the production of requested information, both paper and electronic format, is legible and that supporting documentation such as affidavits and deposition questions are accounted for.
- Provides first point of contact and service to internal/external customers, responding to questions regarding the release of protected health information.
- Schedules patient reviews of medical records.
- Maintains and demonstrates a working knowledge of all state and federal Privacy laws, rules, and regulations in order to mitigate organizational risk.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.