Engineering Civil Internship Jobs Vacancy in Kpff Consulting Engineers Tacoma
Kpff Consulting Engineers Tacoma urgently required following position for Engineering Civil Internship. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Engineering Civil Internship Jobs Vacancy in Kpff Consulting Engineers Tacoma Jobs Details:
KPFF is seeking a motivated Junior or Senior level Civil Engineering student for a summer internship in the Tacoma Office of our Special Projects Division. The 2018 Civil Engineering Summer Internship being offered is approximately 40 hours a week for 2.5 to 4 months depending on candidate’s availability. Job responsibilities will vary by project and individual intern, but generally include the following:
- Assist with Civil project design.
- Assist in office duties such as making copies, assisting with reports, picking up and dropping off packages.
- Assist with project site visits. The applicant may be required to navigate through a jobsite and must comply with all Company and Site safety requirements in the office and on the jobsite.
Pacific Northwest offices of KPFF's Special Projects Division are located in Westlake Tower in Seattle and along the Ruston Way Waterfront in Tacoma. These offices are part of a dynamic 60+ person group that provides planning, civil and structural engineering, machinery design, and project management. We provide these services on a wide range of project types through all stages of development.
Current project types and potential work includes:
- Container terminal infrastructure design and construction support
- Ports; wharf design, waterway dredging, terminal operations building, rail infrastructure
- Ferry terminals
- Fisheries Engineering; hatchery building and pond design, diversion and intake structures
Job Skills & Abilities Guidelines:
- Computer proficiency is required, including Microsoft Office Programs
- Computer Aided Drafting experience is desired (Autocad or Civil 3D)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Functions effectively as part of a team
- Ability to understand and follow directions
- Good time management and organizational skills
Education and/or Experience:
Working towards Bachelors in Civil Engineering.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume and a letter of interest by clicking the “apply now” link below. Resumes sent elsewhere will not be considered.
KPFF Consulting Engineers is committed to recruiting and employing qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.