Registration Clerk Jobs Vacancy in Morrow County Hospital Mount Gilead
Morrow County Hospital Mount Gilead urgently required following position for Registration Clerk. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Registration Clerk Jobs Vacancy in Morrow County Hospital Mount Gilead Jobs Details:
Summary: Ensures the efficient and orderly registration of patients by performing the following duties. Will have 30 days basic training and up to 2 years to master the registration process to be considered the Advanced Registration Clerk.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
Other duties may be assigned.
1. Greets patients arriving for treatment in a friendly & helpful manner, promoting a positive image for the hospital.
2. Makes appointments and schedules tests with other departments and/or facilities.
3. Briefly explains registration procedures, and if relevant, explains hospital policies regarding visitation, parking, valuables deposits and personal items to patients registering. Answers any questions the patient or family might have.
4. Directs visitors, salesmen, physicians, and patients to proper location.
5. Makes a decision as to the priority of registration depending on the location the registrar is working. (ED first, Direct Admits or OBS second, Outpatient Surgery, scheduled testing/appointments, Clinic appointments, then walk-ins).
6. Advanced Beneficiary Notice for all Medicare-Outpatient services. Utilizes ABN software to determine if ordered procedure/test will be covered by Medicare, based on HCFA/CMS guidelines. Obtains patient's signatures on ABN, if appropriate. Calls family physician during office hours as customer service to the patient.
7. Registers all patients, gathering necessary patient information including nature of illness/injury, emergency notification numbers, employer information and insurance information. Inputs the information into the computer system and scans copies of medical insurance cards.
8. Obtains necessary and appropriate signature of consent for treatment.(Complete the questions that apply to the service type). Notify Patient Services if patient requests additional information on Advanced Directives.
9. Make/take telephone consent for treatment of minors and APSI Patients.
10. Make necessary phone calls to Physicians' office to complete outpatient orders.
11. Provides a HIPAA privacy brochure and obtains the appropriate signature.
12. Gathers Advance Directive information (living will, durable power of attorney, DNR). Joint Commission requirement.
13. Initiates financial aid application for self pay patients.
14. Wristband all registered patients as required by Joint Commission, patient safety standard. (MSC is the exception. Wrist bands are not required unless OP testing is involved.)
15. Distributes and instructs patient/guarantor on various forms and paperwork necessary for the type of visit. For admission, gives the patient advanced directives booklet, and Patient Rights. Arranges for escort of patients to their rooms.
16. Routes numerous forms to appropriate departments and routes registration and insurance forms to other provider's files.
17. Implements pre-registration of scheduled tests and outpatient surgeries.
18. Completes BWC FROI to initiate the payment or claim. Notifies employer of injury and faxes FROI and medical information to MCO. In house, notify HR and/or Employee Health when appropriate.
19. Answers telephone, receives messages, and ensures they are routed to the appropriate person.
20. Performs switchboard operator duties as requested.
21. Night shift assumes responsibilities for producing accurate daily census reports, and distributing to designated personnel/departments.
22. Discharges ED charts, and tears down process for Health Information Management (if appropriate, to physicians' mailboxes).
23. Assists Emergency Department in ordering appropriate supplies, phone calls, Med Flight transportation, and copying patient charts for transfer.
24. Ability to schedule/register appointments in multiple computer systems.
25. Verifies insurance for all patients registered.
26. Collects co-pay for all types of insurances & Medicaid.
27. Processes patient co-pay payments and maintains and properly balances the cash drawer.
28. Scan insurance cards, consent forms, Living Will, DPOA, DNR and Physicians' orders account specific.
29. Completes MSP (Medicare Secondary Payer) for Patient Accounts department.
30. Generates all demographics and third party payer information and documentation to provide a seamless, accurate, and compliant patient record and billing process.
31. Performs bedside registration as needed.
32. Complies with all state and federal regulations.
33. Assists in other areas within the department as needed.
34. Participates in staff meetings, educational programs, committees, and in-services.
35. Must be able to flex schedule to assist in 24-hour coverage.
36. Any other duties assigned by management as change occur within the department.