Director Food And Beverage Jobs Vacancy in Lgn Hospitality Newark
Lgn Hospitality Newark urgently required following position for Director Food And Beverage. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Director Food And Beverage Jobs Vacancy in Lgn Hospitality Newark Jobs Details:
IMMEDIATE opening for an experienced food and beverage director to assume all oversite for the growing hotel management companies' portfolio (9 to 10 restuarants). Salary $90K with 20% bonus potential. No relocation necessary, East Coast (NJ) applicants preferred. The ideal candidate is a first timer who is eager, driven, willing to travel frequently. Must have previous full-service Hilton Food & Beverage experience, and MUST have experience in a large facility with 20,000 sq. ft. or more conference space.
* Knowledge of and ability to adhere to budget expectations, with sound knowledge and experience with hotel financials.
* Determining cost effectiveness of the operation, as well as implementing and adhering to inventory and purchasing controls
* Hiring and training of F & B staff when needed
* Work with hotel opening teams to ensure that new-construction F & B Departments are properly designed, orders placed, installations made and training implemented
* Insurance of culinary excellence in all offerings
* Displaying good decision-making skills with an ability to prioritize the responsibilities of the position
* Creating an environment where hotel team members can achieve career growth interests
* Exercising self restraint, self control and patience in a hectic and fast-paced environment'
* 3-5 years of experience as a property-level F & B Director required, as well as experience as an Area or Corporate-level F & B Director
* Formal culinary training preferred
* Thorough knowledge of hotel restaurant/hotel practices and procedures
* Ability to work flexible schedule. Extensive travel required in order to oversee portfolio-wide property operations.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure
* Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary
* Must be effective at listening to, understanding and clarifying concerns and issues raised by team members and guests.
* Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions
* Have knowledge and understanding of all department policies and procedures, and communicate and enforce all policies fairly and consistently with staff.
* Ensure all departments are profitable and maintain strong working relationships
* Ensure that training in service standards is taking place in each department
* Long hours are sometimes required - including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
* While performing duties of this position it is regularly required to sit and utilize computer/lap top.
* Must pass background check and pre-employment drug testing
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 /year
- previous Hilton food and beverage management: 3 years