Internship Business Development Jobs Vacancy in Goldbelt Inc Newport News
Goldbelt Inc Newport News urgently required following position for Internship Business Development. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Internship Business Development Jobs Vacancy in Goldbelt Inc Newport News Jobs Details:
Th is i n te r n s h ip w ill b e b as e d at th e G o l d be lt H a w k ’s Headquarters office in Newport News, V A . It is o f fe r e d as a c ar ee r d ev e l o p m e n t o p p o r t un i t y t o G o l db e l t s h ar e h o l d e rs a n d d es c e nd a nt s. T h e i nte r n s h i p w ill p r o vi d e t h e sele c t e d c a nd i d a t e a n opp o r t un i t y t o e x p l o r e th e f i e l d o f business development a n d ga i n h a nd s - o n e x p eri e n c e with the generation of new business, capture processes, marketing/positioning a n d assis t i n g t h e Business Development (BD) and Contracts departments with Government and commercial bids. This internship includes a ’10-to-10’ accreditation program comprised of the following key segments:
Description of Components
Introduction to BD, Capture & B&P Processes & Industry Practices
· Business Development:
Tools, Methodologies & Mechanisms; Initial Qualifying – Eligibility.
Data Sources & Their Applied Use; Cross-Referencing Data; Shaping.
· Bid & Proposal Overview:
Terminology; Cycles; Industry-Accepted Standard Practices.
Application of Tools & Methodologies
· Strategic Planning.
· Generation of Actionable Outcomes.
· Competitive Analysis.
Understanding Government Customer Buying Habits & Process
· Customer Roles & How to Leverage Multiple Points of Contact.
· Government Contracting Process from Initial Requirement through Award.
· Introduction to the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR).
· Applied Concepts to Achieve Success.
Analysis: Reasons to Bid or No-Bid
· Advanced Application of Concepts that Drive Business Decisions.
· Advanced Planning for Sustained Revenue Growth.
Drafting Solution Architectures
· Analysis of Implied Tasks.
· Determining Dependencies for Success.
· Identification of Risks and Assessing Potential Impact.
· How to be Compelling to Gain an Advantage.
Coordination & Tracking
· How to Employ and Integrate Efficiencies.
· Time Management and How to Motivate Team Members from a Leadership Role.
Application of Objectivity & Strategies to Overcome Issues
· Managing Issues.
· Creative Adjustment Methodologies to Preserve ROI.
· Course Correction and Maintaining Morale While Implementing Changes.
Understanding ‘Why We Win and Why We Lose’
· Applying sound business decisions that lead to success vs. failure.
Advanced Application of Persuasion
· Measuring Effectiveness to Influence Probability.
· Time Management: How to Assess and Apply Time for the Greatest Gain.
· Measurement of Applied Concepts.
N E C E SS A RY S K I LLS A N D K N OW LE D G E
• E xc e lle n t c o m p u te r s k ills w i t h a w o r k i n g k no w l e d ge o f Wi n do w s a n d M i c r o s o f t O ff i c e ;
• G oo d c o m m un i c a t i o n s k ills, b o t h w r i tt e n a n d o ra l ;
• A b ili t y t o p r o v i d e o u t s t a nd i n g c u s t o m e r s e rvi c e ;
• De m o n s t r a te d a b il i t y t o ma n age m u l t i p le p r i o ri t i e s a n d d e a d l i n es i n a f a s t -p a c ed/d e ma n d i n g w o rk en v i r on m e n t ;
• Fle x i b ili t y a n d m o t i v a t i o n t o w o rk i n de p e n de n t ly a n d w i t h in a te am;
• Po si t i v e a t t i t ud e a n d w il l i n g ne ss t o l e ar n ; a n d
• S hou l d h ave o ut s t a n d i n g p r o b lem -solving s k ill s .
M I N I M UM QU A L I F I C A T I O N S ( Edu c a t i on , Expe ri en c e , S k i l l s )
• Eligi b le fo r p a r t i c i p a t i o n i n G o l dbe l t ’s C ar e e r D e v e l op m e n t P r o gra m ;
• W o r k i n g t o w ar d s a n As s o c ia te ’s, B a c he l o r’s o r g r a du a t e de gr e e in C o m pu te r S c i e n c e or
E n gi n e e ri n g o r ot h e r r e l a te d p r o g ram o f s t u d y ; a nd
• Mu st b e availa b le t o w o r k ou t o f G o l d be l t H a wk ’s Newport News, V A o f f i c e fo r up to 1 2 w ee k s, l on g e r w o rk e n g a g e m ent s are en c o u rag e
Duration, Compensation, and Benefits
Interns are expected to work full-time (40 hours per week) for up to twelve (12) weeks during the summer months.
A competitive intern wage is offered, along with a possible housing stipend and transportation to/from college and place of internship. Graduate students may be offered higher hourly earnings depending on field of study and experience.
Those who may apply:
1) Voting Goldbelt shareholders and their lineal descendants are eligible to apply to the intern program.
2) Applicants must be enrolled full-time in a degree or vocational training program;
3) Must have at a minimum a 2.0 GPA