Generalist Jobs Vacancy in Laz Parking Manhattan
Laz Parking Manhattan urgently required following position for Generalist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Generalist Jobs Vacancy in Laz Parking Manhattan Jobs Details:
The US spends $160 Billion per year on highways. Every new car model costs at least $1 Billion to develop. Yet cars spend only 5% of their time driving. Where do these cars spend the other 95%? PARKED! LAZ Parking is one of the largest operators in the growing multi-billion dollar US parking industry.
Founded in 1981, LAZ operates hundreds of thousands of parking spaces from offices all across the country. When it comes to parking, we’re the experts! Most importantly, LAZ is a PEOPLE FIRST company with a mission to “create opportunities for our employees and value for our clients”. If you’re looking to join a growing company led by passionate people committed to being the best – contact us today!
The Spirit of the Position:
The Human Resources Generalist supports the Senior HR Business Partner for the NY/NJ region in establishing and meeting professional and compliant employment practices. As a company devoted to promoting an employee-focused servant leadership culture, the HR Generalist will act as a liaison between the programs and initiatives originating from the Home Office and help to support the individual needs of our operational teams throughout the assigned markets.
Principal Job Duties:
- Manages all HR-related transactions and partners/consults with operations teams for continuous improvement.
- Responsible for understanding, interpreting, administering and mediating any and all forms of inquiry that arise relating to human resources policies, procedures and programs as well as executed Collective Bargaining Agreements.
- Supports payroll processing by ensuring managers sign off on hours in timely manner.
- Collaborates with to ensure pay data is completed and uploaded properly and works with managers to ensure proper wage and hour compliance.
- Facilitates and resolves policy and employee relations issues.
- Maintain compliance with all state and federal laws in regions, updating forms, policies, procedures as needed in coordination with the Home Office and the Senior HR Business Partner.
- Manage all leaves of absence, including FMLA and state disability leaves, in coordination with Operations, Home Office HR and Payroll.
- Responsible for employee maintenance in HRIS system including processing all status changes, terminations and labor allocations.
- Leverage analytics, data and reporting to identify better ways to drive results.
- Respond to unemployment notices.
- Act as a liaison to the Home Office related to employee benefits inquiries within the region.
- Manages workers compensation for the region, including reporting claims and adhering to company process with claims reporting and back-to-work programs.
- Responsible for all employee communications for the region.
- Responsible for union billing
- Assist the Talent Acquisition Specialist with recruiting, training and onboarding where necessary.
- Assist Operations as needed.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3–5 years of Human Resources experience with emphasis on payroll and compliance.
- Employee relations, workers compensation, and benefits experience.
- Knowledge of current federal, state and local laws.
- Working knowledge of HRIS and payroll systems.
- Advanced experience with Excel.
- Basic experience with Word, Power Point and Microsoft Office Applications.
- Ability to seek improvement and create an environment of idea sharing and creative problem solving.
- Strong customer service skills and abilities.Ability to be approachable and facilitate coaching conversations with employees and managers.
- Ability to mitigate and lead others to overcome challenges (Never Ever Give Up Attitude).
- Ability to encourage open expression of ideas and opinions.
- Excellent team-building and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to interpret policies, procedures, and standard business practices.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and timeliness.
- Ability to lift, push and pull at least 10 pounds.
FLSA Status: Exempt
To be hired, all candidates must pass a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen.
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.
LAZ Parking participates in E-Verify.