Internship Legal Jobs Vacancy in Trpa Stateline
Trpa Stateline urgently required following position for Internship Legal. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Internship Legal Jobs Vacancy in Trpa Stateline Jobs Details:
TAHOE REGIONAL PLANNING AGENCY
JOB TITLE: Legal Intern, Summer 2018
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
SALARY RANGE: $16.00 per hour
THE TAHOE REGIONAL PLANNING AGENCY
The Tahoe Regional Planning Agency (TRPA)—created in 1969 by a Compact between the states of Nevada and California, then ratified by the U.S. Congress—protects and restores the environment of Lake Tahoe. The Agency is the nation’s first and oldest bi-state regional environmental authority, a one of a kind organization - not purely federal, state, or local, but a unique hybrid organization - and a vital avenue working at the crossroad of private and public interests to protect and restore Lake Tahoe, its environment, and its communities for generations to come.
The Bi-State Agency is charged with regional planning, development and redevelopment oversight, implementation of environmental protections, and restoration programs for the Region. TRPA has both planning authority and the land use regulatory authority to back up, implement, and enforce regional-scale plans. Agency executives, managers, and employees are responsible to lead programs that weave together science, policy, public and private financial investment, and collaborative partnerships as foundations critical to Lake Tahoe’s long-term preservation. Agency staff functions at the complex intersection of environmental protection, land use planning, and real estate development in a highly sensitive environment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE LEGAL INTERN
Acting under the direction of the TRPA Legal staff, the primary responsibilities of the intern are to assist with day-to-day office work such as answering phone calls, drafting legal documents, and attending meetings. Perform legal research for projects and active litigation. Assist with organizing and maintaining legal files and collaborate with team members in the legal department to accomplish daily tasks and projects.
Internship Positions are dependent on Budget and/or Grant Funding Approval.
INTERNSHIP TIMEFRAME: June 2018 – August 2018.
Please note: This timeframe is flexible based on your availability.
Education / Experience
Applicant must be either:
- Current or recent enrollment in an accredited legal program
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with day-to-day office work such as answering phone calls, drafting legal documents, and attending meetings.
- Compile documents for public records requests.
- Draft legal documents, and attend meetings.
- Perform legal research for projects and active litigation.
- Assist with organizing and maintaining legal files.
- Interpret somewhat complex rules/guidelines/policies in making decisions.
- Handle sensitive data with the strictest confidence and in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate with team members in the legal department to accomplish daily tasks and projects.
Minimum Requirements/Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to work independently and with staff and customers.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving skills, critical thinking and initiative.
- Ability to relay complex information to internal staff and customers in an understandable fashion.
- Excellent customer service skills and strong interest in helping people.
- Must have the ability to use step ladder with physical stamina and flexibility sufficient to lift heavy boxes (up to 25 pounds) onto and off file storage shelves.
- MS Office proficiency.
- Critical Thinking and Continuous Improvement
- Collaborative Relationships and Teamwork
- Initiative and Results Focus
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL EFFORT
- Office work environment
- Bending, Stooping, Carrying, Sitting for long periods.
- Climbing ladders
- Using various office equipment, computer, telephone, etc.
The Agency employs temporary and seasonal employees and interns who generally are scheduled to work on a short-term basis. If you are hired as a temporary or seasonal employee, or as an intern, you are NOT eligible for the Agency’s benefit package.
Please visit our website at http://www.trpa.org/about-trpa/employment/ to read more about our Agency and to complete an employment application through our Career Center. Submit a completed employment application along with a cover letter describing your interest in the position and a resume of your qualifications.
RECRUITMENT COMMUNICATION: Human Resources may contact you at various stages of the recruitment process if you meet the qualifications for the position. This contact will be via email only, even if you have chosen U.S. mail for the delivery of your application materials. Please make sure your email address is accurate. We do not accept walk-in or hand delivered application materials.