Helper Mechanic Jobs Vacancy in Wgl Washington
Wgl Washington urgently required following position for Helper Mechanic. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Helper Mechanic Jobs Vacancy in Wgl Washington Jobs Details:
Assist with maintaining and providing safe and reliable gas transportation. Support the crew by performing manual excavation, operating pneumatic tools, and other equipment for the maintenance of gas facilities. May work independently and under the direction of a lead person. Operate company vehicles. Work involves rotating shifts in 24 hours a day, 7 days a week operation. Following training, job location may be as assigned at any station within the Washington Gas service area (VA, MD, or DC).
Tasks & Responsibilities:
Assist with emergency/priority situations
- Assist the lead person and other senior employees to maintain equipment in working order.
- Retrieve the necessary tools and equipment to perform repairs.
- Responsible for adhering to WG Engineering & Operating standards and all other company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for adhering to Federal, State and Local Codes.
- Complete or verifies all documents associated with the job.
- Assure completion of work within given timeframe.
- Responsible for personal and job site safety situations.
- Install and remove protective barriers (i.e. shoring material).
- Follow and adhere to company standards as it pertains to proper excavation practices.
- Load and unload required material.
- Work in confined spaces
- Wear a respirator while operating in a gaseous atmosphere or confined space.
- Breakers, hammer, clay spade, drills, cutters, saws, etc.
- Hand excavating tools.
- Awareness and follow proper procedures when excavating near or around other utilities.
- Regular and scheduled maintenance is defined as, but not limited to:
- Assist in leak investigations, grading, detection, and surveys
- Support in valve inspections, drip monitoring
- Assist in tightening, adjusting and repairing basic/minor leakage
- Read and interpret business records, including quad maps, map books, etc.
- Communicate effectively with customers and co-workers, both electronically and in person.
- Professionally represents Washington Gas while interacting with clients to maintain good relations and the Company’s prestige.
- Order materials needed for daily activities
- Secure and store materials safely
- Dispose of excess debris properly
- Keep vehicle clean and orderly
- Follow guidelines for returning damaged material, maintain tools, and equipment/instruments
- Assist with inspecting, testing and documenting findings for; CGI, fire extinguisher, PPE, etc.
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
- Basic computer skills.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal communication skills.
- Must pass Work Keys Test and pre-qualifying written and practical exam(s) as applicable.
- Graduate from a hands-on vocational or technical training program (during or post-high school), in areas such as HVAC, plumbing, automotive (body or mechanical). In place of vocational/technical training, at least six months of experience in auto repair, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, welding, carpentry, landscaping or other construction fields that include the use of hand tools.
- Military experience preferred not required
- Licenses/Certifications: Valid Driver’s License required. Must meet Company driving standards. Must acquire Federal Motor Carrier (FMC) medical card within six months from date hired into the position.
Use Of Personal Vehicle: As required
- CDL HOLDERS ARE SUBJECT TO TESTING UNDER FEDERAL HIGHWAY REGULATIONS