Design Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Thermal Engineering Int Usa Santa Fe Springs
Thermal Engineering Int Usa Santa Fe Springs urgently required following position for Design Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Design Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Thermal Engineering Int Usa Santa Fe Springs Jobs Details:
This is a junior Engineering position mainly focused on project mechanical design and engineering for post award activities. The duties for this position involve reviewing customer specifications, performing mechanical design calculations and associated analysis, preparing manufacturing drawings as well as presenting, documenting and updating of these activities to others as necessary. This position will require supporting all active Engineering projects when the need arises. The position may require some degree of interaction with internal personnel in sales, contracts, project management, proposal engineering, procurement, estimating, and manufacturing. Position must consider minimizing risk and exposure to the Company while working with all team members to achieve the sales and execution goals and margins. The position also involves the development of standards to facilitate the mechanical design and drafting of various types of Heat Exchangers.
- Review contract requirements, client technical specifications, Sales package and all design data. Interpret and comprehend all pertinent information for various types of power plant, industrial, and petrochemical/refinery heat exchangers for the development of competitive and state of the art designs.
- Perform mechanical and structural calculations, prepare design details, generate design breakdowns, produce fabrication drawings and bills of materials, analyze foundation loading, perform relevant code calculations, prepare performance curves and operating/instruction manuals, and complete all required analysis for heat exchangers per HEI, ASME, API, TEMA, PED, and any other US and international standards, as necessary, using in-house proprietary software and commercial programs, and prepare any manual calculations for unconventional applications. Coordinate with other department specialty engineers as required.
- Develop required general arrangement drawings, fabrication details, assembly drawings, P&ID, and Bill of Material drawings.
- Maintain Project Job Folders on engineering server.
- Interact with Project Engineering, Engineering Manager, other Design/Drafting Staff, Sales/Proposal group and Workshops.
- Review fabrication drawings for conformity to client specification.
- Issue final Drawings/Document Packages to Workshops or clients as instructed.
- Attend project kick-off meeting for new projects, and any other project review meetings when necessary.
- Prepare and issue Engineering RFQs/Requisitions in a timely manner.
- Prepare Installation and Operation Manuals (IOM) and submit to client for review and approval.
- Assist with preparation of technical comments and technical follow-up with customers during project execution stage.
- Complete mechanical design and required mechanical analysis.
- Develop new ideas and design concepts in order to improve productivity and reduce cost.
- Notify the Project Engineer of contract changes that result in price additions or deducts, scope variations that could have an impact on cost, quality, or delivery schedule.
Job Requirements / Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Excellent Organizational and Analytical Skills
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Ability to work under deadlines
- Ability to work with others
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering degree. Limited knowledge of directly related work experience in designing various types of pressure vessels and heat exchangers in accordance with the ASME Code, TEMA (Standard Of The Tubular Exchanger Manufacturers Association) and HEI (Heat Exchange Institute) Standards is a plus.
- 3+ years experience designing pressure vessels and heat exchangers to ASME Section VIII Division 1 and TEMA (Standard Of The Tubular Exchanger Manufacturers Association) standards.
- Familiarity with the HEI (Heat Exchange Institute) Standards and ASME Section VIII Division 2, and ASME Section I is a plus.
- Experience in performing finite element analysis (FEA) to the requirements of ASME code is a plus.
- Some working knowledge of ASME B31.1, AWS, and AISC is a plus.
- Engineer in Training (EIT) certificate is a plus.
- Mechanical calculations and design: Intergraph CADWorx / PV Elite, Codeware /Compress, RCS is a plus.
- Proficient in Drafting: AutoCAD and 3D Solid Modelling Required , Solidworks expertise specifically a plus
- FEA: SolidWorks or NEi Works Software is a plus.
- Programming: Excel, Visual Basic or VBA is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Very limited travel may be required, up to 5%.