Scheduler Jobs Vacancy in Cockram Construction Boston
Cockram Construction Boston urgently required following position for Scheduler. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Scheduler Jobs Vacancy in Cockram Construction Boston Jobs Details:
Cockram Construction is an international management-owned, construction services business with a history of over 150 years. We are, at heart, a construction company with an aim to provide top level services to our clients in high tech and challenging industries. In the US, our staff provide services on client sites coast to coast with a focus in the Pharmaceutical / Bio-Tech and Themed/Attraction industries.
Cockram Construction has a new project where we are seeking a Scheduler to work on a long term project.
We are seeking a Scheduler that can step in and take over an already developed scheduled, pressure test it, make sure all connections are correct and implement it into the overall schedule. May be responsible to building a schedule from scratch on non complex projects.
Duties and Responsibilities (but not limited to):
The schedule will be produced in P6. The project critical path will be highlighted to appropriately direct the efforts of the project team. Baseline tracking is generally used such that the agreed Master Schedule is set as the baseline for the project and progress is tracked against this baseline.
- Review all duties and practices and make recommendations for changes and improvements when needed.
- Actively participating in developing new and improved methods to meet changing demands.
- Attend construction / design meetings.
- Provide a detailed project master schedule (critical path schedule).
- Responsible for look a head construction Projects.
- Work with other departments regarding scheduling summaries and updates as needed.
- Oversee performance measurement systems.
- Maintain a logs of project activities.
- Possess good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously and under pressure to meet constant deadlines
- Well organized with an ability to prioritize
- Hands-on team player, fostering a sense of team building.
- Able to utilize and address the three levels of control.
- Possessing strong interpersonal skills including:
- Ability to manage conflict
- An ability to work and deal with people at different levels and of different cultures
- A sense of urgency
- Self-motivated and with initiative
- 5+ years of experience in construction industry and reading drawings. Pharmaceutical experience plus .
- Must have 2 years of Scheduling experience.
- Bachelors Degree in Construction Management, Business or Engineering.
- Computer literate with a sound working knowledge of word processing and spread sheet package.
- Knowledge of database or project management packages.