Peer Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Community Research Foundation San Diego
Community Research Foundation San Diego urgently required following position for Peer Specialist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Peer Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Community Research Foundation San Diego Jobs Details:
Peer Support Specialist – Mental Health Services for Assertive Community Treatment Programs
Hours: 40 hours per week; Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Community Research Foundation inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals! Our accredited programs are growing and expanding, with opportunities for motivated and dedicated staff.
Located in San Diego, CA, the Senior Intensive Mobile Psychosocial Assertive Community Treatment (Senior IMPACT) program provides intensive, community-based case management services for homeless older adults throughout San Diego County. We deliver fully-integrated services to clients diagnosed with a serious mental illness, as well as individuals with co-occurring, mental health, and substance disorders.
Our program utilizes the evidence-based practice of Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) to support our clients in the higher level of community care and to assist them in reaching their goals and living a life that is not dominated by mental illness. Our team is a model of care, providing treatment, rehabilitation, and case management supports.
Typical Duties of the Peer Specialist
- Acts as an ambassador to the program by welcoming, providing orientation, and engage prospective clients to the program
- Utilizes experiences as a recipient of mental health services to enhance recovery efforts of clients within the program
- Promotes and models the concept of recovery to program participants
- Serves as a member of the multidisciplinary team and shares practical insight related to illness management, life skills, and the lifelong recovery process
- Acts as an advocate for the client when appropriate
- May assist clients by driving to appointments, benefits applications, assessing social service needs
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High School diploma/GED or some college strongly preferred
- Minimum of four years of experience providing related services to the population is ideal; with Bachelor’s degree, two years’ experience is acceptable
- Must have experience in recovery as a consumer or family member of a consumer of mental health services
- Training as a Paraprofessional required after hire, if not before
- Previous experience working in mental health services is an advantage
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, specifically Word and Excel
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment is essential
- A valid California driver’s license in good standing and eligibility to be an approved CRF driver is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position. In addition, proof of insurance is required prior to driving personal vehicles on company business.
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance
Your well-being matters at CRF! Full-time eligible employees have access to great benefits.
- Generous paid time off
- 11 paid holidays
- Exceptional medical, dental, vision and other health and wellness benefits
- Free training and education
- Opportunities for advancement
- Retirement plan with generous employer contributions
- Graduates: You may qualify for student loan repayment/forgiveness programs!
Be a part of our vibrant non-profit organization and make a difference in the lives of the people we serve!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
In keeping with our commitment to support healthy communities, CRF has a tobacco use policy for all workforce members. More information is available upon request.