Specialist Enrollment Services Jobs Vacancy in Harrisburg Area Community College Harrisburg
Harrisburg Area Community College Harrisburg urgently required following position for Specialist Enrollment Services. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Specialist Enrollment Services Jobs Vacancy in Harrisburg Area Community College Harrisburg Jobs Details:
Responsible for providing support to students, faculty and staff in the campus Welcome Center and/or the campus communication center including processing applications, enrollments, and payments; assisting students at the Student Self-Service Center; and providing direct student assistance, troubleshooting and problem resolution for registration, cashiering, student accounts and on-line services. Responsible for processing and secure storage of documents with confidential information.This position works a 4 day schedule in the summer and Mon-Thurs 10:00 am – 6:30 pm, Friday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm during the academic year
Operates a computer to gather data, do research, and generate reports
Consults with students via phone, email, and in person to provide support
Effectively organize, analyze and prioritize work.
Maintains strict confidentiality of secure student information
1. Processes forms with confidential information such as registrations, drops, adds, withdrawals, applications, and other enrollment-related forms as well as process payments on students’ accounts.
2. Provides registration and cashiering support and troubleshooting for Credit and Noncredit students as well as other departmental student services staff.
3. Provides oversight of student activity at student self-service kiosks/information desk which includes troubleshooting and problem resolution of admissions, registration, cashiering, and student accounts-related issues.
4. May be responsible for verifying campus deposits, which includes running daily cashiering reports, preparing deposits for delivery to bank, verifying deposit slip receipts and canceled checks, and delivering appropriate documents to Central Cash Analyst. Communicates with appropriate staff and Central Cash Analyst to resolve deposit discrepancies.
5. Responsible for the imaging and indexing of admissions, registration, records, and Reversal of Tuition Charges (RTC) documentation.
6. Provides general information to potential credit and noncredit students and family on admission, registration , student accounts, and enrollment processes including general financial aid inquiries; counsels noncredit students on course requirements.
7. Maintains the secure storage of a variety of confidential files and records including registration, cashiering, student accounts, and admissions documents; scans documentation as necessary.
8. Assists with Student Accounts processes, which include: processing repayment agreements and transfer of aid forms; answering Higher One questions; and processing third-party bookvouchers, and reviews student accounts with overdue and past due balances as part of the non-payment review process.
9. Assists with the Reversal of Tuition Charges (RTC) including: screening and providing RTC information to eligible students; reviewing and researching petitions; decisioning and implementing decisions of Level 1 appeals; recommending and implementing Level 2 decisions; referring petitions to appropriate departments when necessary.
10. Performs Noncredit Student Accounts functions including researching student and vendor accounts, applying tuition exemptions, monitoring and performing Noncredit outstanding debt collection. May generate Noncredit third party invoices.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
High School diploma or equivalent and four years of related experience. Or a combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential duties of the job.
Positions in this class typically require: grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Working conditions: None. The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
- Clerical and office support practices
- Record keeping principles
- Assigned department operations and functions
- Report preparation techniques
- Inventory maintenance principles
- Customer service principles
- English language, punctuation, and grammar
- Mathematical concepts
- Applying and explaining applicable laws, codes, regulations, policies, and/or procedures
- Prioritizing and organizing work
- Preparing and proofreading variety of business correspondence, records, reports, documents and forms
- Exercising judgment and discretion
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with students, coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction
- Preparing meeting agendas and minutes
- Working independently
- Providing customer service
- Operating a variety of office equipment, including a computer and related software applications, telephone, fax machine, and adding machine
Creating opportunities and transforming lives to shape the future – together.
HACC will be the first choice for a quality and accessible higher education opportunity.
HACC’s core values are integrity, collegiality, excellence and trust.
As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a
college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Documents which can be associated with this posting
- Cover Letter
- Any Other Relevant Document
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * If you selected Referral or Other above, please specify here.
(Open Ended Question)
- How did you first hear about this opportunity?
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- PA Job Gateway
- HACC Website
- Employee Referral
- Other, please specify below
- * Do you have at least four years of related experience?
- * Do you meet all of the physical requirements of this job with or without reasonable accommodations?
- * By completing this application, you agree to work as a member of the College to develop a culture of inclusion, diversity, civility and respect for every member of our community. Further, that you will demonstrate commitment and sensitivity to the importance of inclusion and diversity. Do you agree with this statement?
- * Are you bilingual?
- If yes, what languages do you speak and what is your fluency level?
(Open Ended Question)