Per Diem Youth Counselor Residential Treatment Center Jobs Vacancy in Leake Watts Yonkers
- Per Diem Youth Counselor Residential Treatment Center
- Leake Watts
- Yonkers NY
- 14 Jan, 2018 6 days ago
Leake Watts Yonkers urgently required following position for Per Diem Youth Counselor Residential Treatment Center. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Per Diem Youth Counselor Residential Treatment Center Jobs Vacancy in Leake Watts Yonkers Jobs Details:
- Maintain Health and Safety of Residents
- Actively and diligently supervise youth at all times; both in the cottage and when escorting on campus or during off-grounds programming.
- Utilize the appropriate techniques of behavior management and crisis intervention as taught in TCI.
- Remain sensitive and understanding in difficult and stressful situations; keeping client’s needs and feeling in perspective.
- Provide timely written documentation (e.g., critical incidents, BIR’s, conflict resolution forms) and oral communication of events. Perform Life Space Interviews as trained.
- Access/communicate with other team members (i.e., medical and clinical) as necessary to ensure the health and safety of residents.
- Maintain/ inspect the cottage to ensure no health or safety hazards exist. Remove or report concerns as necessary.
- Report and observed violations of code of conduct to supervisor immediately (i.e., inappropriate sexual behaviors or physical aggression between co workers and youth).
- Provide written documentation if requested.
- Supervise, assist and teach residents to perform all activities of daily living; including self care, chores, etc.
- Initiate, support and escort residents to planned recreation and other therapeutic educational activities. Look for ways to improve the daily structure, coordination, and overall program implementation. This includes driving an agency vehicle if deemed certified, as needed /expected.
- Implement PBIS (Positive Behavioral Interventions and Support) System fully and in accordance with training. At all times model the core values of ROAR (respect, on task, act safely and be responsible) and frame corrections of student behaviors in a positive way.
- Arrive to work on time; respecting other shift workers and programmatic needs.
- At all times model the appropriate dress, speech and behavior for residents. This includes dressing professionally or in designated work uniforms/dress code if prescribed.
- Professionally representing the agency/when speaking with parents, community members or other stakeholders.
- Respect the privacy of all individuals and maintain client confidentiality as prescribed by law and in Agency policies.
- Utilize Agency money when provided only for prescribed activities. Maintain appropriate receipts.
- Assume expected role on treatment team and maintain collaborative relations with members.
- Become knowledgeable and utilize all RTC policies and procedures.
- Attend all mandatory or recommend staff development workshops/trainings.
- Demonstrate organizational commitment which includes supporting and understanding the mission of the Agency.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) with at least two years related experience; or some college and one year related year of experience and/or training.
- Knowledge of working with clients who demonstrate psychiatric and behavior disorders with cognitive impairments preferred.
- Current and clean driver’s license (tri-state, NY, NJ, CT)
- Verbal and written communication skills are essential