Research Analyst Jobs Vacancy in Digital Promise Redwood City
Digital Promise Redwood City urgently required following position for Research Analyst. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Research Analyst Jobs Vacancy in Digital Promise Redwood City Jobs Details:
About Digital Promise
Digital Promise is an independent, bipartisan 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization authorized by Congress to spur innovation in education for all levels of learners. Positioned at the intersection of educators, entrepreneurs, and researchers, Digital Promise identifies, develops, and promotes strategies to improve all levels of education and provide Americans with the knowledge and skills needed to compete in the global economy. Digital Promise is a fast-paced, growing, entrepreneurial organization that values and rewards performance, collaboration, and innovation.
About the Position
Digital Promise is seeking an entry-level Data Analyst to support instrument development, data collection, data analysis, and reporting. The Data Analyst will work closely with senior Digital Promise Research staff on a variety of research projects. The main responsibility of the Data Analyst will be to provide research support for a multi-year qualitative research project aimed at understanding the implementation and scale-up conditions of a reading assessment and instruction program. Under the leadership of the Director of Program and Product Evaluation, the Data Analyst will help organize, analyze, and share internal evaluation data to support initiative teams at Digital Promise. The ideal candidate will have passion for education, experience collecting and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data, and demonstrated research communication skills.
Play a supporting role on the research team by managing instrument design, data collection, database management, and data analysis for multiple ongoing projects.
- Conduct literature reviews to inform data collection instrument design.
- Gather qualitative and quantitative data through surveys, interviews, classroom observations, focus groups, etc.
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative data
- Manage databases and prepare (clean, etc.) quantitative data files so they are ready for analysis.
- Manage transcription of interviews and focus groups.
- Use qualitative data analysis software to identify and categorize content from transcripts and open-ended survey responses, and create a mechanism for non-researchers to easily find and harvest quotes for communications purposes.
- Analyze artifacts in a variety of media, including video, audio, images, text and graphical, to support development of case studies.
- Conduct descriptive and multivariate quantitative data analysis.
- Coordinate data collection and research-related activities with participating schools. * Contribute data charts, tables, and visualizations to comprehensive interim and final reports of research findings that may be published or presented at conferences to share with the academic community.
- Contribute to blog posts, infographics, data visualizations, and Q&As that accurately and effectively communicate research topics and findings to a non-academic audience.
- Coordinate site visits at selected case study sites.
- Work closely with Digital Promise Research team to support data collection and analysis for other Digital Promise initiatives, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, sociology, research methods, education policy, public policy, economics, or a related discipline with strong social science research emphasis. Graduate degree preferred.
- 2+ years experience conducting research in education, technology, or social sciences field such as economics.
- Expertise in qualitative data collection, analytical methods, and analysis software packages a must.
- Expertise in NVivo and/or Dedoose required.
- Experience with quantitative data analysis and software packages (SPSS, R, STATA, etc.) strongly preferred.
- Demonstrate ability to create organized processes for storing and managing data.
- Ability to communicate complex/technical information for general audiences.
- Ability to travel as needed.
At Digital Promise, we also seek candidates with:
- Stellar organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and manage competing tasks, deadlines, requirements, and decisions.
- A passion for education, a team mentality, creativity, and a positive “can-do,” “yes-and” spirit.
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience.
Please apply and submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements. Applicants are encouraged to submit their materials as soon as possible. Review will be on a rolling basis until the search is successful.
Digital Promise is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Job Type: Full-time
- research: 2 years
- Redwood City, CA