Full Time Nanny Family Assistant Lincoln Park Jobs Vacancy in Strollers And Stilettos Chicago
Strollers And Stilettos Chicago urgently required following position for Full Time Nanny Family Assistant Lincoln Park. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Full Time Nanny Family Assistant Lincoln Park Jobs Vacancy in Strollers And Stilettos Chicago Jobs Details:
Family living in Lincoln Park of Chicago with 7 months, 7, 9 and 10 year old children is seeking an educated, experienced, professional, organized, meticulous and detail oriented Full-Time Nanny/Family Assistant to manage a busy family and household. The schedule is 45-55 hours per week on five days (flexible to work varying combinations of days including weekends). Two weekends per month are required. Nanny will always receive two consecutive days off per week and monthly schedules will be made at least two months in advance. Nanny is required to travel internationally and domestically approximately 6-8+ weeks per year. Extreme flexibility is required for the position. Older children are enrolled in private school, which is walking distance from the family's residence. Family has staff vehicle, so safe vehicle for transportation is not required. Nanny/Family Assistant must be collaborative to work with domestic staff and directly with Principals on a daily basis (stay-at-home mom), discreet, assertive, proactive, resourceful, self starter, organized, detail oriented, hard working, service focused, kind, professional, ability to multi-task and wear many hats, respectful and capable of maintaining discretion (confidentiality agreement is required). Candidates must have previous experience in similar position(s) that include nanny experience along with highly detailed and demanding family assistant responsibilities. Start date is middle of July 2018, but flexible for the right candidate.
- Infant experience and knowledgeable about routines, sleep training, reading and communicating to baby as often as possible
- Experienced with play-based learning and creating educational activities (e.g., planned engaging activities at home, developmentally appropriate games and activities, engaging projects and crafts, themed weeks, scheduled outings, etc.)
- Knowledgeable about child development (e.g., firm when necessary and capable of teaching children manners and etiquette, but also capable of being laid back and fun)
- Support teaching and reinforcement of manners and other social skills
- Provide developmentally appropriate games and activities, engaging projects and crafts at home and schedule/plan fun outings and events
- Willing to assist children with homework and school projects
- Tutor children assisting with homework, school projects, studying for tests, etc. and keep parents informed of progress and needs
- Transporting children to and from school, activities, camps, etc.
- Fresh and healthy meal preparation for children (willing to introduce and encourage them to try new foods)
- Pack children's healthy lunches and bags for the following day (e.g., ensure all school work is completed, pack gear for sports and/or activities, etc.)
- Event planning for children's themed birthday parties and other events (e.g., Plan, organize and oversee flawless execution day of event)
- Maintain comprehensive household manuals setting priorities for tasks on daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Maintain file systems including those for household operations, warranty manuals, household equipment, invitations, entertainment logs, etc.
- Maintain contacts lists that include family members, vendors, contacts, businesses, etc.
- Responsible for running errands (e.g., shopping for home supplies, returns and other requested items)
- Responsible for handling things around the home (e.g., receiving deliveries, service providers, contractors, answering phone calls, sending emails, etc.)
- Responsible for organizational projects (e.g., children's bedrooms, playroom, closets, etc.)
- Assist domestic staff with projects when necessary (e.g., creating a collaborative/team environment)
- Ensure pantry, refrigerator and wine cellar are properly stocked in accordance with the Principals' and children's travel and entertaining schedules
- Maintain vehicles, take for service appointments and keep accurate records of services completed
- Provide hospitality and attend to guest and family's needs when visiting
- Minimal amount of managing household schedules and calendars
- Minimal amount of scheduling and maintaining calendars for children, registering for activities/music/camps/etc., planning play dates/outings with friends, etc.
- Manage household petty cash (including proper documentation) and submission of house credit card purchases/receipts
- Assistance with extensive travel arrangements and ensuring all logistics are planned in advance
- Packing children for trips/travel
- Schedule meetings with Principal(s) as needed to discuss their schedule, children's schedule, travel plans, upcoming events, special projects, etc.
- Capable of building good rapport with similar aged children
- Ability to travel internationally and domestically whenever necessary
- Highly organized, detail oriented, proactive, excellent time management, efficient and service focused
- Attentive to Principals' preferences and style (intuitive to their needs)
- Observant to the needs of family and home to anticipate their needs
- Ability to maintain discretion (confidentiality agreement is required)
- Ability to be discreet with respect for employer’s privacy
- Professional presentation of self and great personality
- Ability to develop and maintain solid working relationships with service providers, contractors and vendors
- Ability to work collaboratively with vendors and oversee projects
- Ability to easily take direction
- Strong ability to communicate and collaborate efficiently with Principals and household staff
- Strong technology skills and experienced working with Macintosh and PC
- Seeking longevity/long term commitment (e.g., at least 2-5+ years)
- Positive attitude and ability to handle residences and staff with ease and calm demeanor
- Active and fit
- Bachelor’s degree and/or Master's Degree in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education or Early Childhood Development is most ideal, but bachelor's degree is required
- 5-10+ years of full-time consistent and recent domestic experience working as a nanny/house manager
- 3-4 references from professional positions
- Ability to complete extensive background checks, motor vehicle checks and drug tests
- Driver's license and clean driving record
- CPR Certification
- Vaccinations (TDap, MMR, Flu Shot)
- $100K+ gross annual salary (based on experience and qualifications)
- $150 per overnight gross
- Health insurance stipend
- Three weeks (15 days) paid vacation
- Discretionary annual bonus and raise (performance evaluation required)
Please read the job description carefully and kindly apply with your cover letter, resume, references (email address and phone number), letter(s) of recommendation and professional photo if you meet all of the requirements. Submit through our website at www.strollersandstilettos.com/job-opportunities. We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00 to $120,000.00 /year
- Full-Time Nanny/House Manager: 5 years
- Driver's license and clean driving record