Contract Specialist Senior Jobs Vacancy in Multnomah County Portland
Multnomah County Portland urgently required following position for Contract Specialist Senior. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Contract Specialist Senior Jobs Vacancy in Multnomah County Portland Jobs Details:
Are you an experienced procurement or contract management professional who is looking for an exciting new opportunity? Do you have a passion for public service or want to use your business talents to better the community?
If so, your search may be over!
The Department of County Management (DCM) Business Services Program is recruiting for a Contract Specialist Senior. DCM Business Services provides a full spectrum of business services to support the DCM divisions and programs, including the Director's Office, Budget Office, Central Finance & Risk Management, Central HR, and Assessment, Recording & Taxation.
DCM Business Services Program performs procurement and contracting activities on behalf of all Department of County Management (DCM) divisions, procures products and services including materials, maintenance, non-professional and professional services. DCM Business Services procurement and contracting activities function within the countywide framework established by County Central Purchasing, who ensures County procurement and contracting practices adhere to regulatory guidelines, fair and transparent practice and best value standards while maintaining an uninterrupted flow of materials and services in support of the County's mission.
As the Contract Specialist Senior you will:
- Develop short and long term procurement and contracting strategies and planning activities to align with evolving department and program business requirements
- Develop and prepare contract documents in compliance with county administrative procedures, rules and policies and public contracting laws and regulations
- Write and develop contract language which reflects accurate interpretation of scope of work, requirements, responsibilities and obligations for the County and contracting agency/vendor
- Perform complex contract reviews, negotiations and problem solving in collaboration with vendors, program staff and county attorney to ensure all terms, exhibits, attachments and supporting documents are complete
- Have outstanding negotiating skills to obtain desirable terms, conditions, pricing and scheduling
- Review contract insurance requirements with County Risk Management to ensure all requirements for contracted services are met
- Perform contract administration in collaboration with programs during the life cycle of the contract performance period
- Prepare contract changes or amendments, monitor insurance compliance, payments, and contract terms and ensure timely renewals and/or planning for new contracts
- Provide purchasing expertise and technical assistance, to gather requirements and develop accurate statements of work, payment terms, insurance levels, and measurable deliverables or performance outcomes
- Prepare bid/quote, and other required procurement documents and forms and collaborate with Central Purchasing in the development of procurements
- Research, compile and analyze procurement and contracting data and prepare reports for management to inform planning and development activities
The successful candidate will possess the following competencies and skills:
- Building Relationships: Creates and cultivates relationships to garner support, raise awareness and gains cooperation in non-authoritative relationships
- Collaboration: Works effectively and collaboratively with others towards shared goals
- Excellent and effective communication skills: Engages respectfully and professionally with others by listening, asking questions, clarifying, checking perceptions, recognizing non verbal communication, and flexing one's own style; as well as communicating across multiple communication methods i.e. oral, phone, email, etc
- Customer Service: Anticipates, assesses, and responds to needs of diverse customers
- Problem Solving: Uses critical thinking, analytical skills, and a solution-focused approach to address challenging or difficult situations
- Teamwork: Encourages team unity, sharing information, and productive problem solving
- Time Management: Is able to manage workflow efficiently and effectively by prioritizing and multitasking
- Strategic Adeptness: Anticipates and responds appropriately to rapidly changing conditions
Diversity and Inclusion: At Multnomah County, we don't just accept difference; we value it and support it to create a culture of dignity and respect for our employees. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We will consider any combination of relevant work experience, volunteering, education, and transferable skills as qualifying unless an item or section is labeled required. Please be clear and specific about how your background is relevant. For details about how we typically screen applications, review our overview of the selection process page.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in the area of Business, Finance, Contracts Law, Public Administration or a related field
- Three years of increasingly responsible contract administration experience in a business or public service environment dealing with contract administration
- Ability to pass a criminal records check?
- CPPB or CPPO Certification from Universal Public Procurement Certification Council
- Previous public procurement and contract experience
- Working knowledge of procurement or contracting systems (such as SAP/SRM finance, Jaggaer, Workday, or similar systems) and business practices
- Transferable skills: Your transferable skills are any skills you have gained through education, work experience (including the military) or life experience that are relevant for this position. Be sure to describe any transferable skills on your application and clearly explain how they apply to this position.
The Application Packet:
All of the following must be submitted for your application materials to be reviewed. Please make sure the resume and cover letter address how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications listed.
- A short online application.
- A Resume
- A Cover Letter describing why you are interested in the position, the unique talent, skills and background that makes you an ideal candidate for this position.
The Selection Process: For details about how we typically screen applications, review our overview of the selection process page. We expect to evaluate candidates for this recruitment as follows:
- Application review: Scored Cover Letter and Resume review determining minimum qualifications. We may conduct a more thorough review of remaining applications to determine most qualified candidates by applying any preferred qualifications listed
- Consideration of top candidates: We will consider qualified candidates in order of rank and score from the list of eligible candidates. This may include panel interview(s), a hiring interview, and/or additional testing to determine the best candidates for a position
- Reference checks: All finalists must pass a thorough reference check
- Background check if applicable
Veterans' Preference: Under Oregon Law, qualifying veterans may apply for veterans' preference for this recruitment. Review our veterans' preference page for details about eligibility and how to apply. The recruiter as listed on the job announcement must receive all required documentation by the closing date of the recruitment.
Accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act: We gladly provide reasonable accommodation to anyone whose specific disability prevents them from completing an application or participating in this recruitment process. Please contact the recruiter below in advance to request assistance. Individuals with hearing or speech impairments may contact the recruiter through the Telecommunications Relay Service by dialing 711.
Note: Application information may be used throughout the entire selection process. This process is subject to change without notice
Type of Position: This hourly union-represented position is eligible for overtime.
Note: As of July 1st, 2018 the pay scale for this classification will increase by 3.6%.
What We Can Offer You: We offer a comprehensive array of benefits in support of your physical, emotional and financial well-being. A few highlights:
- Health insurance (medical, vision, Rx, and dental).
- Qualify for a defined benefit pension after five years of vesting; we pick up the employee's share of the retirement contribution (6% of subject wages).
- Generous paid leave and the ability to maintain a great work/life balance.
- Life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- Option to participate in deferred compensation, flexible spending accounts.
- Access to a free bus pass for the Portland metropolitan area.
- Professional development opportunities
- Wellness resources
Work Location: 501 SE Hawthorne Blvd Portland, Oregon