Teaching Artists Jobs Vacancy in Brooklyn Arts Council Bac Brooklyn
Brooklyn Arts Council Bac Brooklyn urgently required following position for Teaching Artists. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Teaching Artists Jobs Vacancy in Brooklyn Arts Council Bac Brooklyn Jobs Details:
Brooklyn Arts Council invites dynamic, experienced and creative Teaching Artists to apply to our Arts in Education Program for spring residencies. We always look for Teaching Artists in all disciplines year-round.
BAC Teaching Responsibilities Include:
- Designing and executing an age-appropriate, project-based arts curriculum.
- Preparing for and producing culminating presentations at assigned site(s).
- Collaborating effectively with coworkers, and communicating regularly with supervisory staff.
- Submitting complete lessons plans, timesheets, reports and other vital administrative documentation.
BAC selects Teaching Artists who embody the following qualities:
- Artistic Excellence, including quality and scope of professional artistic work, and depth of knowledge within an artistic discipline.
- Engaging Teaching, especially incorporating the creative process, reaching students across diverse developmental levels, yielding quality student work, strong understanding of learning standards in the arts, and substantial experience in NYC public school classrooms, including strong classroom management skills.
- Professionalism, including abilities to plan with others, to articulate goals and objectives, and to adapt to varying student populations and school environments.
Brooklyn Arts Council (BAC) supports and connects Brooklyn's arts community through programs and services for artists, cultural organizations, and residents of all backgrounds and ages. Our Arts in Education (AIE) programs play a critical role in keeping the arts alive in New York City public schools, at the same time promoting the development of essential academic, communication, and critical thinking skills for some of the area’s most at-risk students. We support creative aging initiatives and promote arts learning at dozens of senior centers. We employ over 200 teaching artists and performers, reaching approximately 25,000 people in 50+ schools, afterschool programs and community centers around New York City annually.
Through our residencies, workshops, assembly performances and community events, BAC AIE programs:
- Provide quality arts experiences and performances
- Promote authentic, project-based arts learning opportunities
- Expand verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Strengthen capacities for critical thinking and problem solving
The BAC Teaching Artist pay scale is based on experience and expertise. Our Teaching Artists hourly rate begins at $50/hour. Teaching Artists are also paid for planning time, and BAC covers the cost of supplies.
Teaching Artists are asked to complete an online application here or to call 718-625-0080 x231 with specific questions.
BAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and strives to build a staff and board that reflect the cultural diversity of New York, the constituencies and neighborhoods BAC serves.