Research Scientist Jobs Vacancy in Norc The University Chicago Chicago
Norc The University Chicago Chicago urgently required following position for Research Scientist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Research Scientist Jobs Vacancy in Norc The University Chicago Chicago Jobs Details:
NORC at the University of Chicago is seeking a qualified Research Scientist to support the Education and Childhood Development Department in Chicago, IL.
DEPARTMENT: EDUCATION AND CHILDHOOD DEVELOPMENT
For more than 40 years, NORC has been committed to conducting high quality education research. Our department of Education and Child Development's research covers the full array of education-relevant populations, from pre-school children to the post-graduate doctorate holders. The scope of our education research methodologies has been wide-ranging, as well – including primary data collection, analysis and reporting of existing data, transcript abstraction, classroom observations, qualitative analysis, and experimental and quasi-experimental designs.
- Serve as task leader with budget responsibilities on complex scientific and or technical components of large projects or a series of smaller projects.
- Design research studies in collaboration with a multi-disciplinary team of researchers.
- Author and present research at client and professional meetings and lead drafting of final project reports. Submit articles for publication in refereed journals.
- Author sections of analysis reports, technical reports, OMB clearance packages, and other documentary deliverables.
- Assist with quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Engage in business development activities including authoring various sections of the technical proposal.
- Monitor task budget and schedule.
- Supervise staff involved for specific tasks and projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Advanced understanding of quantitative analysis.
- Strong problem solving, project management, relationship management skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- At least 6 years’ experience in positions of increasing responsibility in survey research or related field (or equivalent education) including at least 3 years' of social science project management as well as experience with the design and execution of social science research and in publishing research results, with a strong career-appropriate record of peer-reviewed technical publications.
- Some experience in client communications and relationship management; solid technical writing skills.
- Strong proficiency with MS Office software; strong proficiency with statistical analysis packages.
- Must have experience managing and mentoring staff.
- Occasional travel to client meetings.