Systems Administrator Jobs Vacancy in Norc The University Chicago Chicago
Norc The University Chicago Chicago urgently required following position for Systems Administrator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Systems Administrator Jobs Vacancy in Norc The University Chicago Chicago Jobs Details:
NORC at the University of Chicago is seeking a Systems Administrator to join our Infrastructure, Security, and Operations team.
This position’s primary responsibility revolves around providing technical support and analysis on infrastructure-related technologies, as well as assisting in the support of new infrastructure products and implementations.
The Systems Administrator will be responsible for monitoring and responding to system alerts and escalations from the help desk, provide ongoing technical/operational support to the infrastructure engineering team and interact directly with senior engineers on systems operations, project status, and technical issues. He/she will participate in projects that improve system availability, performance, security, capacity and functionality.
The core technologies involved include Microsoft Windows and Linux servers, VMware, EMC VNX and Isilon storage, HP server hardware, Citrix, Cisco Network and Telephony and Aruba Wireless.
DEPARTMENT: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
NORC's Information Technology program provides technology services to our staff and clients. Given the critical role technology plays in our day-to-day lives, we are committed to providing professional, high-quality solutions in order to further our collective goal of advancing social science research.
- Availability/Incident/Request Management: Responsible for the timely resolution of incidents, problems and request fulfillment. Analyze incident events and escalations from help-desk, determine cause and resolve or escalate to senior technical resources.
- Change and Release Management: Applies sound IT production and change management methods to all areas of supported infrastructure. Adheres to set standards and processes when documenting, communicating and implementing changes.
- Technical Management: Must demonstrate an ability to develop technical expertise in infrastructure technologies and drive towards becoming a subject matter expert.
- Priority Management: Must be able to manage several assignments at one time, balancing resources, priorities, deadlines and time. The work is highly technical, requires collaboration across multiple disciplines and groups. Demonstrate an ability to work independently and provide support over weekends and off-hours.
- At least three years of professional experience supporting a production enterprise with Windows and/or Linux environment.
- Experienced in the installation, configuration, troubleshooting, diagnostics, and administration of server based applications and operating systems on Intel-based platforms
- Knowledge of VSphere 5.5 and above, Microsoft Windows Servers, Active Directory, Linux Servers, and HP server hardware
- Basic programming and scripting skills
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or other related field
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills for interaction with management, users, and other team members