Assembler Jobs Vacancy in Thorlabs Inc Newton
Thorlabs Inc Newton urgently required following position for Assembler. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Assembler Jobs Vacancy in Thorlabs Inc Newton Jobs Details:
Work among a team of individuals developing, manufacturing, and troubleshooting fiber optics products for our customers. Day-to-day activities will require working in a fast-paced environment within the manufacturing department, as well as assisting with various R&D and testing activities. Although the location of the position is in Newton, NJ, from time to time it may be required to undertake duties at other ThorLabs locations.
Essential Job Functions include the following, but are not limited to:
- Must be able to understand written work instructions, mechanical drawings, and schematics for a wide range of products to properly assemble and test the final product to the highest of quality standards and with zero scrap or rework.
- Assemble fiber optics products of varying sizes and complexity. Includes cleaning, inspecting, and testing of complex sub-assemblies and final assemblies.
- Notify engineering of conditions requiring more complex resolution, recurring failures, potential service issues, or identified new product limitations. Make recommendations for potential design or procedural changes.
- Proper handling of critical and fragile optical components.
- Perform system diagnostics and review of production units to determine operating performance and potential causes or areas of quality control failures.
- Diagnose hardware and software problems, run appropriate computer programs, analyze data, isolate areas of potential or actual problems and determine any required modifications to suit current requirements and resolve problems.
- Complete projects according to engineering instructions and technical manuals using knowledge of electronic, mechanical, and optical systems or components.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment through compliance with procedures, policies and regulations.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a manufacturing, engineering, or field service environment.
- High School diploma or equivalent, Preferably some further education in a related field.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Self-starting individual with a strong attention to detail.
- Strong ability to work well in a fast-paced group atmosphere, as well as individually, and comply with high quality standards.
- Ability to multi-task, and to shift from one task to another when required addressing changing production or field service priorities.
- Must be proficient in reading engineering drawings and processes, familiarity with standard parts and hand tools.
- Basic soldering skills
- Must have some proficiency working with computers and Microsoft Office.
Thorlabs values its diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.