Administrative Staff Assistant Jobs Vacancy in City Seattle Seattle
City Seattle Seattle urgently required following position for Administrative Staff Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Administrative Staff Assistant Jobs Vacancy in City Seattle Seattle Jobs Details:
Seattle Parks and Recreation (SPR) is seeking administrative support for the Facilities, Access, Automation, Security Systems, and Technology unit (F.A.S.T). This position acts as a professional-level assistant and assists the unit in providing support for a wide range of organizational and administrative functions. This position reports to the Management System Analyst, Supervisor in the Facilities Division.
Administrative and personnel support :
- Provide administrative support for the unit, which includes sensitive and confidential information;
- Conduct and direct a variety of office management functions and activities such as: prepare purchase request of supplies and equipment, maintain divisional organization chart, manage the units vacation calendar, and assist in developing and implementing needed procedures;
- Track key dates and time-sensitive deliverables to ensure units accountability;
- Coordinates and tracks assignments delegated to unit staff and monitor and report out progress;
- Create and maintain shared and confidential filing systems for various documents, including MOA/MOU's, contracts, administrative policies and procedures, projects;
- Develop meeting agendas including maintaining records of meeting and minutes, tracking deliverables, and outcomes as appropriate;
- Draft, format, edit and provide quality control for professional correspondence, presentation materials, reports and other documents;
- Manage purchasing and maintenance of office and Access and Security system equipment;
- Responsible for units shared drive and files to ensure consistency among user groups and programs, meet department best management practices, and ensure compliance with State and local statutes governing the use, preservation and archival of records.
- Process, create, track, review and archive Keycard, CyberKey, and mechanical key requests from internal and external customers utilizing centralized email account, electronic forms, and request portal;
- Coordinate and take/edit Keycard/CyberKeys/ID photos;
- Create, track, update Facilities access maps, spreadsheets, and documents;
- Update and maintain key codes, KNOXBOX, and other access systems;
- Process, create, track and archive Intrusion Detection System (IDS) requests;
- Process, create, and main Security Camera locations and public disclosure requests (PDR).
- Provide excellent customer service to outside agencies, stakeholders, and citizens who contact the unit;
- Train staff on procedures, use of equipment and office/technology software;
- Serve as a liaison to other departments, divisions, building management, contractors, and vendors;
- Respond timely to public inquiries.
- Conduct research and data collection on special assignments and projects;
- Coordinate the unit's response to inquiries and proposals from other sections of the department or other departments;
- Track performance metrics and statistics, compile data from various sources, and prepare summary performance reports, templates, and "dashboard" for various purposes.
- Help develop, monitor timeline, coordinate preparation of budget documents for the unit;
- Monitor the units budget by maintaining accurate records and tracking expenditures;
- Prepare financial reports as needed.
Process and enter data into the AMAG/Symmetry database, Key database, IDS database, and various spreadsheets;
- Query, maintain, and backup the databases and spreadsheets;
- Update and coordinate SharePoint site and information;
- Provide backup and customer support for the Facilities divisions portion of the Asset Management Work Order system (AMWO).
Requires one year of experience in administrative analysis, budget administration or preparation, office management, personnel administration, program administration, as staff assistant, or in a closely related field; and a Bachelor's degree in business or public administration, or another closely related field (or a combination of education and/or training and/or experience that provides an equivalent background required to perform the work of the class).
- Experience working in a government agency in administrative and personnel support role
- Experience in security and entry system's
- Experience in analytics, data, research and reporting
- Experience working with technology or software systems on enterprise level
- Experience supporting budget activity
- Ability to provide excellent of customer service and resolve problems in a positive and professional manner
- Ability to perform in a potentially stressful environment with limited supervision
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Detail-oriented and the ability to track work processes and meet strict deadlines
- Excellent multi-tasking and time management skills; ability to manage work with frequent interruptions
- Adaptable to frequent changes in procedures and processes
- A working knowledge and understanding of Security systems AMAG, Guardian, Sonitrol, and/or Bosch
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and/or overtime as needed
- Excellent writing, grammar, punctuation and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency with various software applications such as (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio, Publisher, SharePoint, Adobe, etc.) and the ability to learn new computer applications.
- Must have excellent organizational and time management skills; good judgment and make decisions following general guidelines; flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities; and handle multiple tasks with ease and accuracy.
- Ability to effectively work in a multicultural workplace with a diverse customer base.
A current valid Washington state Driver's License