Graduate Medical Education Program Coordinator Obgyn Chairman Office Jobs Vacancy in Southwestern Medical Center Dallas
- Graduate Medical Education Program Coordinator Obgyn Chairman Office
- Southwestern Medical Center
- Dallas TX
- 14 Jan, 2018 30+ days ago
Southwestern Medical Center Dallas urgently required following position for Graduate Medical Education Program Coordinator Obgyn Chairman Office. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Graduate Medical Education Program Coordinator Obgyn Chairman Office Jobs Vacancy in Southwestern Medical Center Dallas Jobs Details:
Graduate Medical Education Program Coordinator I - OBGYN Chairman's Office
Job Number: 288594
Category: Professional & Executive
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 237404 - OB Gyn Chairman's Ofc
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
Associates Degree in business administration, healthcare administration, or directly related field with three (3) years related experience; two years of administrative experience may substitute for an Associates Degree; May be required to submit to a federal background investigation. Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred.
- Coordinates the daily operations and activities of the GME residency/fellowship program.
- Assists the GME Program Director and or other levels of GME Program Coordinators or Administrators in the design, implementation and management of the administrative/academic operations of the program.
Coordinates educational activities (e.g., didactic conference schedule, Grand Rounds, etc.) that support the program's curriculum and adhere to ACGME requirements.
- Provides guidance to residents/fellows on program and GME policies, and non-clinical aspects of the program.
- Establishes and maintains annual rotation, clinic and call schedules through the residency management system (MedHub), including tracking resident absences.
- Designs, delivers, and reports completion of resident/fellow, faculty, and program evaluations through MedHub.
- Coordinates accreditation activities including ACGME Site Visits, Internal
- Reviews, annual program reviews, etc.
- Assists the Program Director by monitoring and reporting Resident Wellness outcomes to ensure compliance.
- Develop understanding of ACGME policies and procedures, including familiarity with the Common Program Requirements as well as Specialty-Specific requirements.
- Ensures GME and departmental and program policies and procedures are communicated/available to the GME Program Director, faculty, residents/fellows, and staff.
- Coordinates the resident/fellow recruitment and selection process.
- Assists the PD and faculty in planning program quality improvement projects.
- Prepare Program Letters of Agreement (in coordination with the GME Office) with participating institutions and training sites. Ensure agreements are revised as needed.
- Tracks, documents, and reports on educational activities for residents, for the purpose of meeting board certification requirements, meeting program accreditation requirements, and complying with the policies and procedures of the Office of Graduate Medical Education (GME).
- Utilizes systems and reporting to inform the GME Program Director of program compliance with organizations such as ACGME, AMA, NRMP, and any other program-level related organizations.
- Coordinates orientation and graduation activities for program residents/fellows.
- Utilizes the resident management system (MedHub) to record and maintain all aspects of the resident's/fellow's training experience(s), including demographics, scholarly activity (including faculty), procedure certification, performance/semi/summative evaluations, block/shift/clinic schedule, and duty hours.
- Maintains working relationships with the Office of GME to remain compliant with all necessary requirements for all residents/fellows, visiting residents, and faculty.
- Coordinates, organizes, and schedules GME program events including recruitment, orientation, graduation, retreats, conferences and various meetings. Prepares and distributes materials for conferences and lectures.