Job Title Technical Writer Jobs Vacancy in Metron Inc Reston
Metron Inc Reston urgently required following position for Job Title Technical Writer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Job Title Technical Writer Jobs Vacancy in Metron Inc Reston Jobs Details:
Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Log back in!
Posted Date 7 months ago
Job ID 2017-1345 Job Location: City Reston Job Location: State/Province VA
Job Description Our Computing and Engineering Technologies for Unmanned Systems (CETUS) division is seeking a full time Technical Writer for our Reston, VA office. We are looking for an enthusiastic and detail oriented individual with highly technical experience writing manuals, user guides, patents, or technical data packages for acquisition programs for hardward/software systems. The ideal candidate will work on mechanical and electrical hardware, safety, software, engineering, and test documentation. This position involves taking information from hardware engineering and software engineering teams and turning it into clear and understandable documentation such as manuals and safety procedures, as well as writing and editing proposals.
- Ability to write using clear and concise language that adheres to customer-established standards and conventions.
- Ability to write technical content for maintenance technical manuals including installation, test, repair, and troubleshooting procedures.
- Experience translating software application programming interfaces (APIs) with basic documentation into “end user” software documentation products.
- Ability to acquire and verify subject matter content by interviewing workers engaged in developing products, observing production methods, referring to engineering drawings, notes, manuals, and similar publications. Ability to simplify technical concepts, information or processes in written form that is comprehensible to a wide audience of readers.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum two years of technical writing experience for hardware and/or software programs, patents, or user manuals
- Technical background (engineering, math, physics) is preferred
- DoD military or civilian experience in research or acquisition is preferred
- Active DoD security clearance a plus
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Excellent writing, grammar, proofreading and editing skills
- Some travel may be required (less than 10%)
- US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Compensation is competitive and based on education, demonstrated ability and relevant experience
Successful candidates will be subject to a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Metron takes affirmative action in support of its policy to employ and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Options Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS