Test Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Google Sunnyvale
Google Sunnyvale urgently required following position for Test Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Test Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Google Sunnyvale Jobs Details:
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Kirkland, WA, USA; Seattle, WA, USA; Mountain View, CA, USA; Cambridge, MA, USA; San Bruno, CA, USA; New York, NY, USA; Sunnyvale, CA, USA; San Diego, CA, USA
At Google, our philosophy is build it, break it and then rebuild it better. That thinking is at the core of how we approach testing at Google. Unlike roles with similar names at the other companies, Test Engineers at Google aren't manual testers - you write scripts to automate testing and create tools so developers can test their own code. As a Test Engineer, you navigate Google's massive codebase, identify weak spots and constantly design better and creative ways to break software and identify potential problems. You'll have a huge impact on the quality of Google's growing suite of products and services.
You use your knowledge of testing and testability to influence better software design, promote proper engineering practice, bug prevention strategies, testability, accessibility, privacy, and other advanced quality concepts across products.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From AdWords to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Lead/collaborate on improving developer and engineering team's test coverage, release velocity and production health
- Work closely with development teams in instrumenting their workflow to build a comprehensive picture of velocity, coverage and quality
- Hands-on ability to automate repeated tasks and build test coverage through existing or new infrastructure
- Write moderately complex code/scripts to test systems, implementing test harnesses and infrastructure as necessary
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 3 years of relevant work experience, including development and/or test automation experience
- MA/MS degree in Computer Science
- Coding experience in Java, C/C++ or Python
- Extensive knowledge of Unix/Linux environments
- Deep knowledge of test methodologies, writing test plans, creating test cases and debugging