Administrative Supervisor Jobs Vacancy in City Houston Houston
City Houston Houston urgently required following position for Administrative Supervisor. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Administrative Supervisor Jobs Vacancy in City Houston Houston Jobs Details:
Division:Financial Reporting & Operations
Workdays & Hours: MONDAY – FRIDAY 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM*
- Subject to Change
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Performs professional administrative functions related to the development and implementation of policies and procedures in the assigned department. Performs varied administrative functions in the direction and coordination of programs and procedures in the assigned department.
- Supervises, coordinates, trains and evaluates personnel job assignments for the Accounts Payable (A/P) group.
- May supervise and review the development, implementation and maintenance of specific (A/P) projects and/or policies.
- May coordinate special projects, including planning, research, presentations, and evaluation.
- May direct and review vendor monitoring and evaluation.
- May supervise staff service, including invoice processing, document review, document posting and corrections.
- Investigates special problems encountered by employees; responds to calls from both internal and external customers and may be responsible for projects/assignments that extend beyond the normal scope of subordinate's responsibilities.
- Measures, compiles, and analyzes metrics to assist in citywide central services accounts payable activities.
- Respond to vendor issues or inquiries. Assist in maintaining and updating policies and procedures.
- Ability to apply specific guidelines, internal controls and methodologies.
- Researches and responds to internal and external customer inquiries regarding the payment of invoices, payment of employee reimbursements or status of vendor setup requests.
- Ensures all documentation and authorization is received according to guidelines.
- Discusses questionable information with user departments or team leads and ensures corrections are processed.
This position is physically comfortable; the individual has discretion about walking, standing, etc. There are no major sources of discomfort in a normal office environment.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Political Science, Psychology or a closely related field.
Three years of experience in personnel, administration, accounting or a closely related field are required.
Directly related professional experience may be substituted for the education requirement on a year-for-year basis.
Preferences will be given to applicants with a minimum of 18 hours in Accounting; good organizational skills, verbal and written communication skills and ability to work effectively with all levels of management.
Additionally, preference will be given to applicants who are able to work in a team environment; displays high attention to detail and possesses strong analytical and problem-solving skills; as well as advanced skills in the use of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Access or similar reporting experience.
Fleet Management and Telecom experience a plus.
**Preference shall be given to eligible veteran applicants provided such persons possess the qualifications necessary for competent discharge of the duties involved in the position applied for, such persons are among the most qualified candidates for the position, and all other factors in accordance with Executive Order 1-6.**
SELECTION / SKILLS TESTS REQUIRED
Department may administer skills assessment test
SAFETY IMPACT POSITION NO
This position is subject to random drug testing and if a promotional position, candidate must pass an assignment drug test.
Factors used in determining the salary offered include the candidate's qualifications as well as the pay rates of other employees in this classification. PAY GRADE: 22
Only online applications will be accepted for this City of Houston job and must be received by the Human Resources Department during posting opening and closing dates shown. Applications must be submitted online at: www.houstontx.gov.
To view your detailed application status, please log-in to your online profile by visiting: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/houston/default.cfm or call 832-393-8515.
All new and rehires must pass a pre-employment drug test and are subject to a physical examination and verification of information.
Due to the high volume of applications received, the Hiring Department will contact you directly, should you be selected to advance in our recruitment process.
If you need special services or accommodations, please call TTY 7-1-1.