Crime Intelligence Analyst Jobs Vacancy in Bexar County San Antonio
Bexar County San Antonio urgently required following position for Crime Intelligence Analyst. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Crime Intelligence Analyst Jobs Vacancy in Bexar County San Antonio Jobs Details:
- Collects, analyzes, and distributes raw data extracted from numerous law enforcement data sources and compiles data into viable criminal intelligence information for investigative and planning purposes
- Collects and coordinates information and intelligence; organizes, analyzes and prioritizes; determines reliability and validity
- Develops link analysis, time/temporal analysis, telephone toll analysis, criminal threat analysis, crime incidents maps, or computerized charts to organize investigations
- Prepares case reports, charts, graphs and maps congruent with established procedures for management review as well as police command and field operations use
- Facilitates the transfer of crime information between local and regional facilities
- Maintains intelligence database, indexes findings, and reviews publications
- May testify regarding the methodology employed in casework findings in court or official proceedings, as needed
- Attends and participates in scheduled departmental and professional meetings
- Performs related duties and fulfills responsibilities as required
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice or related field plus one (1) year of experience in public administration, law enforcement or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficient knowledge of law enforcement operations and procedures, and the functions and organization of local, state, and federal government; proficient knowledge of law enforcement systems and software, crime analysis methodologies and practices, statistical research and reporting methods, techniques, and procedures
- Skill in utilizing a personal computer and associated software programs, such as GIS and graphic design concepts
- Ability to interpret, compare and analyze law enforcement information, to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, management, and the public; ability to work independently, with minimal supervision using rational judgment in making work related decisions; to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing; ability to deliver formal presentations to small and large groups and to perform all physical requirements of the position
- Must secure and maintain a favorable background investigation from the Bexar County Sheriff's Office and maintain CJIS eligibility
- May be required to work more than 40 hours during the workweek
Working Environment and Physical Demands:
- Working conditions are primarily in an office environment
- Physical requirements include occasional lifting/carrying of 10-15 lbs.; visual acuity, speech and hearing; hand and eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to operate computer keyboard, cellphone, pager and basic office equipment. Subject to sitting, standing, walking, reaching and handling to perform the essential functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.