Part Time Instructor English Online Positions May Available Jobs Vacancy in Alpena Community College Alpena
- Part Time Instructor English Online Positions May Available
- Alpena Community College
- Alpena MI
- 12 Jun, 2018 7 days ago
Alpena Community College Alpena urgently required following position for Part Time Instructor English Online Positions May Available. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Part Time Instructor English Online Positions May Available Jobs Vacancy in Alpena Community College Alpena Jobs Details:
This position may teach courses in English Composition I and II, technical writing and business writing.
Part Time Faculty normally teach one or two courses per semester. Teaching assignments may be available for day and evening courses.
Must be reliable and willing to teach 1-2 evenings per week.
- Master’s Degree in English or Master's Fine Arts with at least 18 graduate credits in English or Writing courses required.
- Teaching experience in a higher education setting, including online teaching, preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of teaching methods preferred.
- Computer competency in word processing, instructional software and online instruction preferred.
- Curriculum development, especially online curriculum development, preferred.
- Teach lecture and laboratory portions of courses.
- Prepare and distribute course syllabi to students.
- Perform all preparation requirements for laboratory exercises.
- Evaluate student progress through examinations, quizzes, observations and laboratory reports.
- Act as liaison between the college and the student.
- Implement curriculum changes at the request of the Department Chiarperson or Lead Instructor, as requested. .
- Maintain appropriate instructional laboratories and equipment.
- Be available for individual student assistance advising and/or consultation as necessary.
- Participate in curriculum development, revisions and evaluation activities.
- Maintain a high level of academic competency through staff development activities.
- Other duties as assigned by Department Chairperson and the Vice President for Instruction.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Expected Hours of Work: Part-time instructors who do not maintain office hours should include a statement within the syllabus explaining how a student can arrange for an appointment with the instructor. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel: This position may be required to travel outside the local area depending on the course location. Mileage reimbursement may be available. Refer to the Part-Time Faculty Handbook.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Physical Effort: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit for extended periods of time; and have sufficient hand, arm and finger dexterity to operate a computer keyboard and other office equipment.