Licensed Practical Nurse Lpn Jobs Vacancy in Transitional Care Center Capitol City Washington
Transitional Care Center Capitol City Washington urgently required following position for Licensed Practical Nurse Lpn. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Licensed Practical Nurse Lpn Jobs Vacancy in Transitional Care Center Capitol City Washington Jobs Details:
A Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) provides care and treatment in accordance with physician orders and works under the direction of physicians and registered nurses within the scope of practice as defined by the state.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Order, administer and record medications and treatments in accordance with physician orders and nursing and nursing policies and procedures. Ensure all medications and treatments are signed for and completed in the appropriate allotted time frames and according to policies and procedures.
- Observe residents for change in condition relative to medications, treatments, incidents and reports adverse changes to supervisor, physician, residents and/or responsible party as appropriate.
- Transcribe/verify physician orders, coordinate testing, treatments and other procedures as appropriate.
- Complete admission assessments and other required nursing assessments, forms and documents in accordance with facility and regulatory guideline. Document nursing interventions and resident response to care timely, accurately and in a complete manner.
- Measure and record patients’ vital sign, such as height, weight, temperature, blood pressure, blood glucose, pulse and respiration.
- Collect and record blood, urine bowel and sputum samples for diagnostic test. Follow-up as appropriate regarding laboratory results.
- Implement and document all resident/responsible party education relevant to health care needs and ensure understanding of the teaching.
- Handle emergency situations in a prompt, precise and professional manner.
- Delegate, monitor and follow up on LPN and CNA assignments to ensure quality resident care and service. Assist staff as needed to ensure completion of task properly promptly and professionally.
- Prepare residents for and explain procedures relative to examinations, treatments, etc.
- Monitor stock levels of medication, medical supplies, equipment, etc. to verify they are maintained on premises at all time to adequately meet resident’s needs while also recommending changes in techniques and/or procedures for efficient and cost-effective operation.
- Assemble and utilize catheters, IV pumps tracheotomy tubes, and oxygen and other nursing equipment and supplies as appropriate.
- Ability to push/pull equipment weighing in excess of 40 pounds using proper techniques and with assistance as necessary. Be able to sit, bend, and stoop. Stand and/or walk for six (6) hours or more daily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions
Qualifications and Skills
- Current/active LPN license in good standing in the District of Columbia.
- CPR, AED and first aid certification preferred.
- Be organized and detailed, efficient, and accurate in work performance.
- Possess and display excellent customer service skills.
- Possess and display proper communication skills which exude patience and self-discipline.
- Function independently, and have flexibility, personal interest in, maintaining and enhancing a positive physical, emotional, and psychosocial environment for patients, visitors, and staff. Relate to and work with the ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally unstable, and /or volatile patients of the facility.
- 401K with company match
- Development opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid vacation, sick, and holiday leave.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $47,840.00 /year
- Licensed Practical Nurse in a Long Term Care setting: 1 year
Required license or certification:
- Licensed Practical Nurse in the District of Columbia