Clin Scientist Highly Migratory Species Support Jobs Vacancy in Ocean Associates Inc Long Beach
Ocean Associates Inc Long Beach urgently required following position for Clin Scientist Highly Migratory Species Support. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Clin Scientist Highly Migratory Species Support Jobs Vacancy in Ocean Associates Inc Long Beach Jobs Details:
Ocean Associates, Inc. (OAI) is seeking a Scientist 5 to provide support to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s (NOAA) National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS), in Long Beach, CA. OAI supplies personnel support services on contract to government and industry clients for marine fisheries and protected species. This position will support the NMFS West Coast Region Highly Migratory Species Branch (HMS) through the review and entry of Tuna Tracking & Verification (TTVP) documents into database systems, the performance of TTVP compliance, TTVP webpage modification, and TTVP audit and spot-check assistance. Additional support will include compiling statistics for regulatory packages, preparing rulemaking documents, and carrying out activities related to specific international fishery management issues and problems. This is an excellent opportunity for a person with a strong analytical and policy background to contribute to NOAA’s West Coast fisheries management.
Expected position start date: ASAP
NMFS West Coast Region Office in Long Beach, CA
Salary and Benefits**
This is a full-time 40 hr/week position with excellent employee benefits, including medical insurance, holiday, vacation, and sick leave. Salary commensurate with experience.
- Support the preparation of Federal rulemaking packages required for proposed management actions related to fisheries, habitat, and protected resources, in conformance with the requirements of the Magnuson-Stevens Fishery Conservation and Management Act, Endangered Species Act, Marine Mammal Protection Act, National Environmental Policy Act, the Tuna Conventions Act, and other applicable laws. This includes commercial and recreational fisheries data analysis.
- Work with staff of the HMS Branch on assignments related to fisheries management and policy such as in the preparation of briefing papers and/or policy documents and reports for Pacific Fishery Management Council (PFMC) and Inter-American Tropical Tuna Commission (IATTC) meetings.
- Provide the HMS Branch Supervisor with an overall review, identification of critical problems, and recommendations regarding the analyses of proposed fishery management actions.
- Assist in data entry, monitoring, and verification of NOAA Form 370 (370), Fisheries Certificate of Origin. Related activities include:
- Reviewing and entering form 370 data.
- Reviewing, summarizing, and reporting of domestic tuna cannery data.
- Performing 370 compliance monitoring of missing documentation by contacting importers and customs brokers via phone, mail, and/or email. Compliance monitoring may include enforcement referrals to the NMFS Office of Law Enforcement, as necessary.
- Answering and responding to tuna import-related calls, emails, and voice mail messages. * Participate on committees and attend meetings related to the performance and duties of the position.
Required Knowledge and Experience**
- Bachelor’s degree, or higher, from an accredited college or university with a major directly related in a field of study as related to the requirements of the specific task order with emphasis in fisheries, oceanography, social science, natural science, mathematics, or hydrology, plus three (3) years of experience in a related field or combination of such totaling seven (7) years combined education/experience. Master's degree may be substituted for experience.
- Experience in policy and analysis related to fisheries or other renewable natural resources.
- Ability to articulate both in the written word and orally biological and policy information to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work closely with people from diverse scientific and technical backgrounds.
- Ability to work independently, and be solution-oriented and a self-starter.
Preferred Knowledge and Experience**
- Experience preparing regulations.
- Strong understanding of data management and analysis
If you are interested in being considered for this position, you MUST APPLY THROUGH OUR WEBSITE ONLY. Go to OCEANASSOC.COM, click on Now Hiring, find the position you wish to apply for, click the 'For More Information' link for that position, follow instructions on the page to apply. (no emails)
- When applying for this position you will be asked to upload your resume at the end of the online application.
- Include your name in the document file name.
- Sending your resume in readable (not scanned) PDF or Word format is preferred.
Job Type: Full-time