Associate Scientist Hts Jobs Vacancy in Johnson Family Companies San Diego
Johnson Family Companies San Diego urgently required following position for Associate Scientist Hts. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Associate Scientist Hts Jobs Vacancy in Johnson Family Companies San Diego Jobs Details:
Janssen Research and Development, L.L.C., a member of Johnson and Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for an Associate Scientist, High Throughput Screening/Assay Development, located in La Jolla, CA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
The new Lead Discovery team is a critical part of the Discovery Sciences organization in Janssen R&D and is committed to the delivery of high quality chemical leads needed for the generation of small molecule clinical compounds in all five Janssen Therapeutic Area discovery teams. This role is within the Screening department and major activities of the department include HTS assay development, screening, and pharmacological profiling.
- Learn and apply early drug discovery approaches in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Develop assays in biochemical and cell based formats that are suitable for automated high-throughput screening in 384 or 1536-well formats.
- Perform high-throughput screens in concert with an automation team member.
- Analyze and archive screening data including presentation at program team meetings.
- Attend in-house seminars and external scientific meetings as appropriate.
- Publish research in high-quality journals as appropriate.
- B.S. and/or M.S. in biochemistry, cell biology, chemistry or science related areas are required.
- B.S. with at least 4 or more years of assay development experience or M.S. with at least 3 or more years of assay development experience is required.
- Expertise with biochemical or cell-based assays using methods such as luminescence, fluorescence, absorbance and radiometric detection is required.
- Expertise in operating and troubleshooting automated laboratory instruments for running high throughput assays is preferred.
- Experience in the design, optimization, and miniaturization of biochemical or cell based assays for High Throughput Screening is preferred.
- Experience in complex assays, primary cell culture models, high content imaging, image analysis and statistics is preferred.
- Experience in cardiovascular, immunology, infectious diseases, neuroscience or oncology therapeutic areas is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
- Record of publications is preferred.
- Travel up to 10% is required.
United States-California-San Diego
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)