Network Communications Engineer Iii Satcom Jobs Vacancy in Caci Bluemont
Caci Bluemont urgently required following position for Network Communications Engineer Iii Satcom. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Network Communications Engineer Iii Satcom Jobs Vacancy in Caci Bluemont Jobs Details:
Team CACI has an exciting and challenging opportunity available for a Network Engineer supporting an Intelligence Community customer’s wide-area (WAN), local-area (LAN) and campus-area (CAN) networks across multiple security domains.
Experience in complex telecommunications applications involving all phases of telecommunications network design, implementation, and analysis. Performs research, requirements analysis, design, installation, troubleshooting, and support of local- and wide-area network hardware, software and applications. Can install and configure WAN and LAN hardware to include voice, video, and data cable systems. Develops system specifications, architecture designs, integration and test plans, and all relevant documentation. Develops risk management and mitigation strategy. Maintain compliance with QA standards as well as ensuring service performance indicators are met or exceeded.
- Focus will be on Network Engineering
- Coordination of system maintenance, monitoring and installation of multiple WAN/LAN environments encompassing multiple specializations, platforms and technologies.
- Assist with research and implementation of enterprise system-wide network solutions/capabilities/enhancements to support customer business/mission goals and objectives.
- Troubleshoot and resolve network media and components.
- Evaluate and monitor health and performance of the network including hardware and management software.
- Develop and maintain a road map for capabilities, operations, and technologies.
- Assist with development and execution of test plans and supporting documentation of all network configuration upgrades, additions or revisions for customer approval before implementation.
- Support network traffic analysis and bandwidth optimization efforts to ensure attainment of performance and availability objectives.
- Evaluate and report on new/emerging network/communication technologies to enhance capacity, performance and reliability of the network.
- Evaluate and recommend changes and/or technology upgrades to address performance, standardization and industry best practices
- Follows all Customer network security processes and procedures, ensures compliance with all Government policies.
- Represent customer requirements in technical exchanges with other government agencies.
- Perform site surveys to new installations and technology refresh.
- Installs, maintains and troubleshoots satellite communications equipment.
- Develop and maintain network architecture diagrams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Ability to work independently with little direction and guidance
- Security Clearance: active TS/SCI
- Ability to work weekends and evening hours as needed
- Excellent writing and communication skills, including the ability to develop analytical documents and present oral presentations to senior/executive management
- Proficient is MS Office suite – Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project
- Current U.S. Passport required.
- Travel up to 10% of the time.
- May need to deploy in support of U.S. contingency operations, up to 180 days.
- 8+ years related technical experience in Network and Transport technologies, tools, and techniques
- 4+ years experience with large-scale enterprise/global networks in a high paced diverse environment
- Understanding and experience with the DoD Architecture Framework and other key DoD network architecture and strategic planning instructions
- Experience with CISCO and Juniper, switches, routers, Cryptographic devises, VPN and VPN client.
- Experience with Network analysis tools (CISCO Network Analysis Modules, Solar Winds Network Management, OPNET NetOne, HP Network Node Manager, etc.)
- Experience with CISCO firewall/VPN equipment (Adaptive Security Appliance, etc)
- Experience with supporting IP services to connect to NIPRNET, SIPRNET and JWICS (IPv4, VPN, IPv6, Multicast, QOS, SDN, SNMP, VOIP, VTC, etc)
- Experience with EIGRP, OSPF, BGP and multicast.
- Experience with Small Aperture Terminals (VSAT) and larger fixed ground station satellite systems operating in a variety of industry standard SATCOM network configurations to include SCPC, TDMA, etc
- Experience in evaluating, configuring, testing, and providing operations and sustainment support for all elements of the RF transmit and receive chain to include IP based satellite modems interfacing with industry standard satellite bandwidth management systems such as IDirect and COMTECH VMS.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- CompTIA Security +
- CISCO CCNP, CCVP, CCNA or CCDP
- ITIL v3 Foundations
- ISC2 CISSP
- TS/SCI with the ability to obtain a CI Poly
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
US-Mt. Weather-VA-VIRGINIA SUBURBAN
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.