Staff Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Rutgers University Piscataway
Rutgers University Piscataway urgently required following position for Staff Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Staff Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Rutgers University Piscataway Jobs Details:
Staff & Executive - Administrative & Support
Rutgers University Behavioral Health Care (UBHC), established in 1971, offers a full continuum of evidence based behavioral health and addiction services for children, adolescents, adults, and seniors throughout New Jersey. UBHC’s 1,060 experienced behavioral health professionals and support staff are dedicated to treatment, prevention, and education. UBHC, one of the largest providers of behavioral health care in the country, has a budget of $260 million and has 15 sites throughout New Jersey. Services are readily accessible and include: inpatient, outpatient, partial hospitalization, screening, crisis stabilization, family/caregiver support, community outreach and case management, supportive housing, supported employment, prevention and consultation, employee assistance programs, and a licensed therapeutic school from preschool through high school. Specialty services include the New Jersey suicide prevention helpline and peer help lines for police, veterans, active military, teachers, mothers of special needs children and child protective service workers. In FY2016, UBHC treated 16,199 consumers, had 24,502 admissions, and touched the lives of 19,441 individual callers through peer support. In addition, UBHC is the primary mental health training resource for the New Jersey departments of Human Services, Children and Families, and Corrections, delivering 16,000 trainings each year.
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey is seeking a Staff Assistant for Information Services at Rutgers, University Behavioral Health Care.
The Staff Assistant provides a variety of administrative and support services for the Information Services Department.
- Responsible for providing administrative, computing and staff support for the office.
- Assists in maintaining department accounts, monitoring expenditures and ensuring compliance with budgets.
- Responsible for managing documentation related to contracts and professional service agreements.
- Coordinates and maintains the departmental calendars and, exercising discretion, applies informed judgment to help manage clinical staff’s time.
- Undertakes routine writing and editing assignments and generates correspondence for signature.
- Serves as principal liaison between the department and other administrative units, such as Purchasing, Accounts Payable, Human Resources and Payroll, between the office and external employers and affiliates, and between the office and internal schools.
- Receives and assists consumers and visitors and handles telephone calls in a tactful and professional manner.
- Completes appropriate internal paperwork (paper and electronic) required by the office,
- Adheres to Rutgers compliance standards as they appear in RBHS Corporate Compliance Policy, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest Policy.
Hours Per Week
Daily Work Shift
Annual Minimum Salary
Annual Mid Range Salary
Annual Maximum Salary
HPAE, Local 5094
Information about the benefits provided to Rutgers employees can be found at: http://uhr.rutgers.edu/benefits/benefits-overview
Terms of Appointment
Staff - 12 month
Position Pension Eligibility
Minimum Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Liberal Arts, Public or Business Administration, the Social Sciences or a related field.
- Equivalent education, experience and/or training may be substituted for the degree.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Experience with Microsoft Office package (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Demonstrated excellent computer, communication, customer service and organizational skills.
• Knowledge of PeopleSoft and procurement policies and procedures.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Posting Open Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (RBHS)
Home Location Campus