Coaches Jobs Vacancy in Valley Youth House Philadelphia
Valley Youth House Philadelphia urgently required following position for Coaches. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Coaches Jobs Vacancy in Valley Youth House Philadelphia Jobs Details:
Valley Youth House empowers and strengthens the lives of children, youth and families through inclusive programming that builds resilience and fosters growth and independence.
We are currently looking for a qualified applicant to fill the following position: Coaches
The job duties for this position are the following:
- The Coach is responsible for client supervision and guidance, life skills counseling and all case management aspects for AIC members.
- This also includes generating goal plans with youth, tracking their accomplishments, submitting all required county, state and federal documentation as well as maintaining the client records.
- Additionally, Coaches ensure positive community relations and liaisons related contacts. This position is under the authority of the Vice President of Independent living, SE Il Director and AIC Director and reports directly to the Lead Coach
- Provide behavioral modification plans, assessment, etc. for clients under 21 years of age with mental health diagnoses.
This position requires the following from the applicant:
- To assist youth in a developing and implementing an individual plan for independence including but not limited to housing, employment, education, mentoring, healthy living and other life skills goals.
- To conduct individual life skills counseling on an ongoing and as directed basis for AIC Members, including the use of the life skills assessment tools to inform practice with the youth.
- To provide ongoing supervision to assigned clients.
- To monitor and maintain positive community relations in a proactive manner, and make referrals to AI Center service providers, workshops and external providers and vendors as needed.
- To monitor youth attendance at school, work and the AI Center, as well their compliance with program rules and expectations.
- To assist in maintaining the records in compliance with DHS and PA DPW regulations and/or program grant requirements as applicable.
- To assist youth in applying for medical benefits and scheduling medical/dental appointments as needed.
- To complete AIC member intake and ongoing paperwork consistent with program protocols, in a timely manner.
- To proactively address AIC members' misconduct from a positive youth development perspective.
- To advise in the development and revision of the life skills group, and facilitate as assigned.
- To participate in weekly supervision with the coach supervisor and be prepared with an agenda.
- To attend and positively participate as a team member in staff, client review, and any other planning meetings.
- To accurately complete all required paperwork and documentation in a manner consistent with established protocols.
- To accurately complete all personnel materials in a timely manner.
- To proactively and effectively deal with crisis situations.
- To complete other related tasks as appropriate or assigned.
Valley Youth House (VYH) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, VYH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the agency has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. VYH expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time