College And Career Readiness Specialist Part Time Jobs Vacancy in Sga Youth Family Services Woodlawn
Sga Youth Family Services Woodlawn urgently required following position for College And Career Readiness Specialist Part Time. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
College And Career Readiness Specialist Part Time Jobs Vacancy in Sga Youth Family Services Woodlawn Jobs Details:
Provides information sessions and support for families in understanding the college application process, financial aid, and scholarship essays.
- Recruits high school (9-12) students that are POAH residents and introduce them to the College Readiness Program.
- Schedule and perform home visits and on-site visitation with POAH Residents between the grades of 9-12
- Compiles accurate periodic reports regarding coordination of program services.
- Maintain an active caseload and mentor 24 POAH youth.
- Manages all program paperwork and quarterly reporting to POAH.
- Offer college preparedness workshops, financial aid information sessions, and other ad hoc activities pertinent to the success of POAH youth.
- Establish a rapport with youth and parents to execute post-secondary opportunities.
- Provides individualized support to students in selecting schools and navigating the application process.
- Supports the parent/high school student and arranges for college admissions representatives to visit resource center or facilitating meetings between college representatives and students.
- Plans and develops college readiness workshops through appropriate mechanisms and channels.
- Participates in professional activities that contribute to the educational goals of the college and its constituents; college visits, tours, facilitation of meetings for speakers series and cultivating partnerships with colleges and universities.
- Consults with students regarding academic problems or concerns and assists students in obtaining support to meet these specific needs. Uses various free public tools, such as Illinois WorkNet and Navience, which will assist residents trying to establish educational and/or career goals.
- Helps students register for ACT and SAT exams, as needed.
- Participates in the marketing, recruitment, and outreach to the POAH residents to increase program enrollment and engaging 24 youth annually.
- Collaborate with POAH Communities/WRC team on referrals and encounters.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; or an Associate Degree with experience in related fields including but not limited to Human Services or Psychology from an accredited College or University.
- Sensitivity to cultural diversity is required. Ability to communicate and cooperate with diverse families, various professionals and community groups.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills; in relating to multiple audiences, including students, parents, and educators.
- Familiarity with the goals and objectives of the project.
- Ability to track and collect data for Efforts to Outcomes Data Entry.
- Must be willing to work some evenings.
- Ability to keep accurate records including through data entry of ETO.
- Must be able to remain stationary 50% of the time.
- Must be able to frequently move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Must be able to transport oneself to and from schools and worksites.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Occasionally ascends/descends stairs.
- Constantly moves to assist during program activities.
- Frequently moves desks, chairs, tables and easels.
- At times may be required to lift up to 25 lbs. for various program needs.
- Frequently moves in outdoor weather conditions.