Route Driver Jobs Vacancy in Lancaster Farm Fresh Organics Lancaster
Lancaster Farm Fresh Organics Lancaster urgently required following position for Route Driver. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Route Driver Jobs Vacancy in Lancaster Farm Fresh Organics Lancaster Jobs Details:
Lancaster Farm Fresh Organics mission is to deliver freshly picked produce to our wholesale markets and CSA members with as little turnaround time as possible. We haul for a non-profit farmer’s cooperative of 115 farms – predominately organic produce as well as other perishable food products. Generally, our produce is on market shelves and in CSA members’ hands within 24 hours of being picked which means we are specialize in expedited shipping. Our drivers provide friendly, professional service and share your interest in locally-grown organic food. As a small company we excel in providing the best customer service. LFFO serves all of Eastern Pennsylvania, New York City, Washington DC and most of the tri state area.
Individuals with experience driving 26-foot non-CDL box trucks are preferred but there are also positions specific to cargo vans and Class B trucks. Drivers pick up and deliver produce, supplies and other food products to our farmers and to our customers. Most of our product is palletized, refrigerated and temperature sensitive. We seek to find individuals who are safety oriented, flexible and good communicators. Routes start and end every day at our home location. Only on rare occasion there is an overnight route.
- Load and unload trucks using pallet jacks and hand carts.
- Ensure necessary paperwork is completed for each delivery.
- Communicate appropriately with necessary parties regarding delivery status.
- Maintain simple records of deliveries, pick-ups and truck mileage.
- Inspect vehicle for safety defects and for full vehicle functionality.
- Safeguards secure loading of truck to prevent shifting and product damage.
- Safely operate the assigned vehicle – cargo vans (less than 10,000 lbs.), non-CDL straight trucks (up to 26,000 lbs.)
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs. repeatedly throughout the day.
- Minimum age of 21 to meet DOT regulations for commercial motor vehicles.
- Current DOT card. If no DOT card, must be able to pass a DOT physical.
- CDL license is not mandatory and all levels of driving experience are encouraged to apply.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Ability to follow directions to delivery route.
- Aptitude to maintain simple logs and records.
- Dependable worker able to carry out series of work instructions without constant supervision. Requirements
- Ability to drive larger vehicles through urban settings
- Capacity and stamina to meet the physical demands of loading and unloading
- Must pass a post-offer DOT drug screen