Design Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Ussc Acquisition Corp Exton
Ussc Acquisition Corp Exton urgently required following position for Design Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Design Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Ussc Acquisition Corp Exton Jobs Details:
Our mission is to exceed our customers’ expectations in service, quality, delivery and value.
USSC is a local manufacturing firm that focuses on providing innovative safety and survivability solutions to the commercial and military transportation markets. As we continue to grow, we are actively searching for the best candidates to join our team and be a part or our continued success!
Job Title: Design Engineer
Summary: The Design Engineer is responsible for designing new products and making improvements to existing products. In doing so, the Design Engineer should evaluate products, parts, or processes for cost efficiency and reliability and will work with other members of the engineering staff to ensure that new designs and design changes are completed in a timely manner.
Think you have what it takes?
Responsibilities - What you’ll Do:
- Perform projects, as requested, that are concerned with product offerings, product improvements and company growth.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and bring them from concept to completion on-time and under budget.
- Produce drawings based on technical specifications, verbal instruction and graphic design.
- Create models utilizing 2D and 3D CAD software as well as creating and maintain these items in the MRP system.
- Develop new designs from concept through to production. This would include:
- Conceptual prints and prototypes
- Materials selection
- Structural analysis
- Test plan development and testing support
- Development of production drawings
- Support the development of work instructions
- Product illustrations for manuals and catalogs
- Vendor and customer interface
- Attend site visits/first fit into vehicle; will require up to 10% travel
- Work directly with vendors to ensure incoming parts meet all specifications
- Support customers, sales, production and fabrication
- Perform other duties as assigned. .
Qualifications - What you’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s of Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience with computerized design/manufacturing/inventory software desirable.
- Basic knowledge of manufacturing concepts.
- Ability to effectively conduct and contribute to meetings at any level.
- Ability to compile information for reports and decision making.
- Ability to read & understand engineering drawings and manuals.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience with 3D CAD (Solidworks and EPDM is preferred).
- Understanding of MRP or ERP system; Syteline (Infor) experience a plus.
- Ability to respond and adapt to change favorably and quickly.
- Ability to carry out assigned projects with minimal supervision.
- Background with tools and shop procedures and the willingness and ability to use them.
- Follow verbal and written instructions, directions and other communication in English.
- Safety is at the forefront of your mind when you are working and you gladly follow all safety policies to promote a safe working environment at USSC.
- You bring with you a positive attitude and the ability to work cohesively in a team environment.
- Help USSC operate effectively by adhering to USSC’s attendance and punctuality standards and does not burden co-workers and supervisors unfairly with unnecessary and unplanned absences and lateness.
- Understanding that you are part or a growing company, you have no concerns with and able to work extended hours/over-time as needed as well as some Saturdays to support that growth.
- GAS Factor: Dedicated employees that are willing to do what needs to be done, when it needs to be done, with a strong work ethic that comes from within.
- Know the Waterline: We value employees that are willing to and encourage others to make decisions; Make a decision to the best of your ability, and know when to get your supervisor involved.
- We are All in Sales: Every employee must recognize that he/she is a Company representative; each customer contact, whether internal or external, is an opportunity to promote the Company and leave the customer with a positive impression.
- Reinvest in the Future: USSC is committed to continuous growth and improvement; we will reinvest profits and resources into our employees, products, assets and processes; people are our only sustainable competitive advantage.
USSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer