Office Specialist Jobs Vacancy in City Colorado Springs Colorado Springs
City Colorado Springs Colorado Springs urgently required following position for Office Specialist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Office Specialist Jobs Vacancy in City Colorado Springs Colorado Springs Jobs Details:
Description / Position Overview
The hiring salary for this position is between $2,892 and $3,471 per month.
Learn about the City of Colorado Springs as an employer and what our beautiful city has to offer as a place to live and work by clicking on the following links: http://www.choosecoloradosprings.com/
https://coloradosprings.gov/sites/default/files/candidate_info_packet_5.30.17.pdf (Download PDF reader)
This information may change annually.
In this position, you will perform administrative support, recordkeeping, and/or clerical accounting duties for the CSFD (Colorado Springs Fire Department) and the DFM (Division of the Fire Marshal).
Essential Job Functions - the basic job duties an employee must be able to perform:
- Process information requests regarding property conditions and history
- Assist with phone calls, visitors, inquiries, and duties at the Fire Department Complex reception desk
- Assist DFM customers, including staffing the DFM telephone line and office window, scheduling inspections, checking in plans and permit applications, receiving and processing payments, and issuing permits
- Conduct timely scanning, cataloging, indexing, and filing of division records and plans
- Assist with data entry in the division's Plan Review and Inspections programs
- Assist CSFD personnel with projects as assigned
- Modern office procedures, methods, and equipment, including computers and supporting software applications (especially Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Proper English usage, spelling, punctuation, and grammar
- Principles and procedures of recordkeeping, business letter writing, and report preparation
- Clerical accounting principles and practices
- Type and enter data at a speed necessary for timely and successful job completion
- Provide excellent customer service
- Learn and apply pertinent City policies and procedures
- Manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships
- A high school diploma or GED
- One year of full-time clerical or related support experience
- Specialized training in clerical practices, accounting, typing, or other related field
- Experience which demonstrates proficiency with Microsoft Office products
This job announcement is not intended to include a complete listing of all responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with the position.
Please visit https://coloradosprings.gov/jobs and click on 'Apply for a City Career' > 'City Career Postings – Apply Now' button to complete an online application. All job applicants will need to create a new login and online application (unless you already have a NEOGOV/governmentjobs.com user ID and password).
Completing your application in full, including the entire work experience section, will assist Human Resources (HR) in the applicant screening process. Your application may not be considered if all of the information requested for each employer you list is not provided.
Our NEOGOV application system does not allow you to edit your application after it has been submitted for a position. If you want to make changes, you may submit another application prior to the position's closing date and time listed in the job posting. HR will review the last application you submit for a position.
To view the City's job classifications, including physical demands and descriptions, go to https://www.coloradosprings.gov/human-resources/page/job-classifications-descriptions.
To view the status of your application, go to http://agency.governmentjobs.com/cosprings/default.cfm.
To be notified of future career opportunities, go to http://coloradosprings.gov/jic
If hired, you will be required to provide proof of your eligibility to work in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer