Career Events Marketing Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in University San Diego San Diego
University San Diego San Diego urgently required following position for Career Events Marketing Coordinator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Career Events Marketing Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in University San Diego San Diego Jobs Details:
The Career Events Coordinator will implement and coordinate the logistics for all major Career Development events, assist with Career Center related marketing efforts with focus on weekly newsletters and provide administrative support as needed. This position will oversee the coordination of logistics for all major Career Development Center fairs and events which includes securing campus space, finalizing catering requests, making parking reservations, and working with internal staff to coordinate logistics. The coordinator will bring forward new ideas for engaging events and help to drive initiatives in compliance with campus policies. The Career Events Coordinator will assist with marketing pieces that promote all Career Center events. In addition, they will be responsible for compiling images and details for weekly newsletters that highlight event happenings, job postings and approaching deadlines. The Career Events coordinator will be responsible for helping to promote the Career Development. They will work in conjunction with the Assistant Director of Marketing, Communication and Events for the Career Development center to use analytics from the office to make informed decisions as they target populations on campus for events and marketing efforts. Supervision received: works under the general supervision of the Assistant Director of Marketing, Communications and Events for the Career Development Center. Supervision exercised: exercises supervision over student/staff/interns for events and programs.
- Minimum of one year of experience and a Bachelor’s Degree with a focus on strong communication skills such as Marketing, Event Planning, Hospitality, Communications, Public Relations or related field is ideal; High School or Associate Degree plus three years of related experience could also be suitable.
- Experience designing informational and marketing materials for educational programs, events and projects, including reports, brochures, fliers, posters, email and web pages.
- Must be organized, detail oriented and able to multitask.
- Knowledge of Social Media Platforms including Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter.
- Ability to perform under tight deadlines and in a fast-paced environment; flexible, with an ability to deal with change and multiple assignments at once.
- Experience writing, compiling, editing or proofreading content for publications.
- Ability to work collaboratively on team projects with diverse individuals including students, faculty, staff, and employers.
- Flexibility and willingness to work early mornings, evenings and weekends as needed for events or Career Programming.
- Experience coordinating careers events on a university campus.
- Familiarity with event management systems including salesforce and handshake.
- Experience with event calendar tracking systems including google calendars or salesforce.
- Experience with email marketing tools (TargetX, Mailchimp, or equivalent), experience with HTML a plus.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Suite including Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Working knowledge of Photography, portrait lighting and and use of equipment.
- Working knowledge of Videography, interviewing, storytelling and use of equipment.
- Working knowledge of video editing software including Final Cut Pro.
- Event Planning Skills
- Marketing and Graphic Design Skills
- Familiarity with career resources vendors
- Understanding of cultural diversity issues
- Ability to work positively and effectively within teams and with diverse populations
- Oral and written communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Presentation skills
- Consulting/networking/interpersonal skills
- Group communication and facilitation skills
- Needs assessment and interpretation skills
- Project planning, managing, and evaluation skills
- Ability to conduct outreach to employment community
- Ability to work with MS-based software packages, including Word, Access, PowerPoint and Excel
- Word processing and data management skills
- Flexibility and versatility in order to contribute to evolving work situations
- Ability to travel as needed to on- and off-campus sites
- Ability to set and meet objectives for professional development
- Understanding and appreciation of the mission and values of the University and of the Career Development Center office