Director Transportation Jobs Vacancy in Gordon Food Service Houston
Gordon Food Service Houston urgently required following position for Director Transportation. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Director Transportation Jobs Vacancy in Gordon Food Service Houston Jobs Details:
- Collaborates with the leadership team to reinforce Gordon Food Service culture, values and vision towards improved outcomes, customer service and cost effectiveness.
- Maintains global accountability for transportation initiatives to include the delivery and movement of product to maximize product quality through efficient, accurate transport and delivery of GFS products.
- Collaborates with Supply Chain Management Process Team and division General Manager to review transportation standard practice, policies and procedures.
- Collaborates with department supervisors and their staff on transportation systems, standard practices and procedures to improve customer service, safety, efficiency, accuracy, product care, sanitation, and employee morale.
- Directs transportation services through the evaluation and application of Gordon Food Service standard practices, transportation systems, and process improvements.
- Collaborates with Corporate Transportation Manager and divisional Human Resource department to update training requirements and methods to include tracking new employees to insure that training steps are followed.
- Collaborate with the Transportation Managers on all transportation personnel requiring training, i.e. safe equipment operation, safe work practices, accuracy, productivity, equipment care, fuel economy and sanitation.
- Collaborate with the transportation managers utilizing the professional development program to identify and develop future transportation leaders.
- Monitors customer satisfaction and directs collaboration with sales staff to ensure delivery of highest degree of service to Gordon Food Service customers.
- Directs and monitors performance of administrative tasks related to Transportation Department including invoicing, payroll, employee relations.
- Directs and leads various meetings including quarterly supervisor, annual combined operations, annual, departmental, warehouse and sales and task team.
- Directs and leads the Transportation Department safety initiative including coaching and compliance with applicable regulations including those of DOT, OSHA, EEOC and BWC.
- Interviews, hires, train, and retain staff. Conducts performance monitoring of staff, initiating follow through with disciplinary action and termination in consultation with Human Resources when appropriate for the department. Mentors, motivates, and develops staff and acts as a role model and resource to them.
- Develops capital and operational budget for the department. Routinely monitors, manages and controls budget, analyzes variances and takes appropriate action and develops plans for productivity improvements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have excellent written, verbal, organizational and communication skills as well as problem-solving capabilities.
- Must have ability to prepare and deliver presentations and speak at minor functions as a departmental representative.
- Must have the ability to multi-task, prioritize and be able to work independently or within a team environment.
- Must have knowledge of DOT, OSHA, EEOC and BWC regulatory agencies and applicable laws.
- Bachelor Degree required - Logistics, Business Administration or related field
- Certification or License - Commercial Driver LIcense, Group A designation (CDL-A) preferred
Minimum Years of Experience:
- Ten years previous transportation experience with three years previous management experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Click here for more details.