Communications Intern Eop Jobs Vacancy in The Aspen Institute Washington
The Aspen Institute Washington urgently required following position for Communications Intern Eop. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Communications Intern Eop Jobs Vacancy in The Aspen Institute Washington Jobs Details:
Position Title: Communications Intern, Economic Opportunities Program
Program/Department: Economic Opportunities Program (EOP)
Position Location: Washington, DC
Reports To: Digital Communications Associate
Dates: June-August 2018 (actual dates can be adjusted; internship to run for approximately 12 weeks with possibility of extension into fall)
Hours: Part-time, approximately 20 hours per week (negotiable)
About the Aspen Institute Economic Opportunities Program
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, DC. Its mission is to foster leadership based on enduring values and to provide a nonpartisan venue for dealing with critical issues. The Institute has campuses in Aspen, Colorado, and on the Wye River on Maryland’s Eastern Shore. It also maintains offices in New York City and has an international network of partners.
The Economic Opportunities Program (EOP) advances promising strategies, policies, and ideas to help low- and moderate-income Americans connect to and thrive in a changing economy. Over its 25 years of work, EOP has focused on expanding individuals’ opportunities to connect to quality work, to start businesses, and to build assets and economic stability. EOP staff work closely with national and local leaders – practitioners, policy makers, employers, thought leaders and advocates– to illuminate and encourage policies and practices with the potential to help lower-income Americans succeed in today’s economy. EOP has particular expertise in workforce training and education, approaches for improving the quality of front-line jobs, microenterprise development and business ownership, and financial services and asset building. To support these fields, EOP staff conduct evaluations and applied research to learn what works and document it; facilitate leadership development and capacity-building opportunities; and communicate related issues and promising approaches to broad and diverse audiences. For more information, visit aspeninstitute.org/programs/economic-opportunities-program.
The Economic Opportunities Program seeks a creative, highly motivated, and organized intern for the summer of 2018. The intern will support the Economic Opportunities Program’s communications team in developing high quality content across our various communications outlets, researching opportunities to enhance EOP’s communications efforts, and assessing and reporting on communications outcomes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Candidates for this position should have an interest in advancing their skills in several of the following areas.
Writing & editing
Social media management
Graphic design/data visualization
Search engine optimization
Possible projects are likely to include:
- Searching for and drafting relevant content (written and graphic) to promote EOP’s and its initiatives’ projects, events, publications, blog posts, etc.
- Assisting in scheduling and outreach to social media partners.
- Compiling and analyzing data analytics for web, email, and social media communications as needed; making recommendations for improvement.
- Assisting with event-related tasks as needed, including but not limited to developing and editing materials, assisting with managing registration lists, and assisting with event implementation.
- Supporting the communications team in developing and maintaining high quality webpages for EOP and its initiatives.
- Support EOP Communications team improve access and navigability of EOP webpages, including by improving content and making all pages search-engine optimized.
- Assisting in cleaning and maintaining contact lists in EOP’s contact database.
- Assisting with developing high-quality email communications.
- Researching members of the press whose work relates closely to EOP’s.
- Developing press lists, releases, and media advisories to promote projects, events, publications, blog posts, etc.
- Researching and documenting mentions of EOP or its initiatives in news media.
Knowledge, Education, and Experience
- Current or recent undergraduate or graduate student.
- Interest in expanding economic opportunity for low- and moderate-income Americans.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, including strong editing skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills, with emphasis on the ability to plan, organize, and carry out multiple activities simultaneously.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of and adherence to professional ethics.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- Technical experience in noncore tools & platforms a plus. For example:
- Buffer, Hootsuite, or another social media management/analytics platform.
- Constant Contact, MailChimp, or another email marketing platform.
- Wordpress, Drupal, or another web management platform.
- Photoshop, Illustrator, GIMP, Inkscape, or comparable graphic design program.
- Acrobat, Publisher, Scribus, or comparable desktop publishing program.
Works with members of the EOP team, primarily the EOP communications team.
Level of Authority
- Non-supervisory position
- No budgetary authority
- None required