Dermatology For High Volume Office Jobs Vacancy in Dermatology Partners Plano
Dermatology Partners Plano urgently required following position for Dermatology For High Volume Office. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Dermatology For High Volume Office Jobs Vacancy in Dermatology Partners Plano Jobs Details:
Looking for a smiling, energetic, dynamic people person to work in a fast paced, high volume office with great benefits! Experience with Derm, MOHS, Cardiology, Ob-Gyn, Plastic or General Surgery preferred. Experience with SRT a plus!
The Medical Assistant is to provide assistance to the licensed-medical provider in multiple settings including the clinic and surgical settings. They are to provide safe, knowledgeable, compassionate individualized care to all patients. Responsible for the following, based on the needs of the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as a patient advocate during patient exam and treatment
- Interview patients to obtain medical information and measure their vital signs, weight, and height.
- Show patients to examination rooms, procedure rooms or operative rooms and prepare them for the physician.
- Record patients' medical history, medications, allergies, vital statistics and information such as test results in medical records.
- Scribe for provider during exams.
- Ensure proper consent forms are obtained prior to preparing a patient for treatment
- Prepare and administer medications as directed by a physician following safety protocol of right dose, right patient, right route, right drug and noting expiration date
- Collect blood, tissue or other laboratory specimens, log the specimens, and prepare them for testing.
- Explain treatment procedures, medications, diets, wound care instructions and physicians' instructions to patients.
- Help physicians examine and treat patients, handing them instruments and materials or performing such tasks as giving injections and removing sutures.
- Under Provider direction, authorize drug refills and provide prescription information to pharmacies.
- Prepare treatment rooms for patient examinations, keeping the rooms neat and clean.
- One (1)+ year experience in a medical setting, preferred
- Inspects sterile items prior to opening and lay supplies out on sterile field in an organized manner
- Certified as a Medical Assistant by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) or other recognized
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements
- Thorough knowledge of medical terminology, required.
- Knowledge of sterile technique, anatomy, and medications
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable
- Management and organizational skills to support the leadership of this function
- Ability to follow or provide verbal & written instructions with sufficient grammar and spelling skills to avoid mistakes or misinterpretations
- Interpersonal skills to support customer service, functional, and team mate support needs
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Mathematical and/or analytical ability for basic to intermediate problem solving
- Basic to intermediate computer operation
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Specialty knowledge of systems relating to job function
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations for this position; general understanding of HIPAA guidelines
- Assist physician with surgical procedure while maintaining sterile field
- Assess the patients condition throughout the exam, procedure or surgery according to the facilitys policies and notify physician and RN of any indication of distress
- Responsible for cleaning room and medical equipment in between each patient and at the end of the day.
- Correctly disposes of infection waste and biohazard materials
- Schedule appointments for patients
- Change dressings on wounds.
- Greet patients arriving at office or clinic.
- Contact medical facilities or departments to schedule patients for tests and/or admission.
- Inventory and assess the need for instruments, supplies and equipment while keeping the room stocked
- Perform routine laboratory tests and sample analyses.
- Performs accurate documentation of all procedures in a timely manner
- Responds to emergency situations based upon nursing standards, policies, procedures, and protocol by having knowledge of equipment and supplies and is familiar with their location
- Assist physicians in patient, employee, or visitor medical emergencies and ensure proper documentation per facilitys policy.
- Inventory and order medical emergency supplies monthly and ensure all equipment is in proper working order.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures in performing job duties and responsibilities while supporting a culture of high quality and great customer service.
- Performs other duties that may be necessary or in the best interest of the organization.
Job Type: Full-time
- dermatology: 1 year
- MOHS, Cardiology, Ob-Gyn, Plastics, or General Surgery: 1 year
- Plano, TX