Temporary Instruction And Research Librarian Jobs Vacancy in Colorado School Mines Golden
Colorado School Mines Golden urgently required following position for Temporary Instruction And Research Librarian. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Temporary Instruction And Research Librarian Jobs Vacancy in Colorado School Mines Golden Jobs Details:
Colorado School of Mines is seeking a creative, energetic person to join the Library as a Temporary Instruction and Research Librarian. This is a temporary full-time, 6 month position, anticipated to last from August 1, 2018 to January 31, 2019.
The position will work alongside the Library’s Instruction and Research Librarian until mid-October, after which time will independently oversee the instruction program the rest of the term of appointment.
Recent graduates and early career applicants are encouraged to apply.
- Teach course-integrated classes on using library resources, and research strategies in a variety of departments, courses, and programs
- Engage with other librarians and Mines faculty to develop discipline-appropriate instruction at both graduate and undergraduate levels
- Schedule and teach sessions in Nature and Human Values course and collaborate on the semester’s research help event
- Partner with other librarians to provide instruction for the Introduction to Design course
- Take primary responsibility for the administration, scheduling, and teaching of the Library’s lesson for the CSM 101 course
- Maintain LibGuides for a variety of courses and subject areas, as appropriate
- Provide reference services, both virtual and in-person, for the Mines community as well as members of the public
- Participate in additional library projects and engagement events
- Master’s degree in Library Science from an ALA Accredited institution or equivalent by date of employment or scheduled to graduate by mid-2019
- Experience in information literacy instruction and providing reference services
- Familiarity with ACRL’s Framework for Information Literacy in Higher Education
- Educational background in a STEM subject area and/or experience working in a STEM library
- Experience using Springshare products, including LibGuides and LibAnswers with LibChat
- No relocation assistance will be provided with this position
- Recent graduates and early career applicants are encouraged to apply
The Arthur Lakes Library supports the educational and research needs of Mines, primarily in science and engineering, and is a regional resource for technical information. For more information on the Library, visit http://library.mines.edu