Staff Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Becton Dickinson Company Franklin Lakes
Becton Dickinson Company Franklin Lakes urgently required following position for Staff Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Staff Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Becton Dickinson Company Franklin Lakes Jobs Details:
Job Description Summary
Our people make all the difference in our success.
At BD Becton Dickinson & Co., you’re one person making one big difference. You’re a key member of a team that is an important part of a leading, purposeful company committed to advancing the world of health. No matter what role you play, you can be confident that you’re improving lives, all over the world. And as you progress with us, your impact will only grow.
Within BD Medication Delivery Solutions (MDS), the R&D team is looking for a highly talented and driven individual with a passion and proven track record for product development and engineering. The incumbent will join the new Business to Business (B2B) Pharma team as a Staff Engineer, providing technical leadership and support to a cross-functional team. The associate will have responsibility for prioritizing, managing, and executing on a portfolio of projects and tasks to support development and growth of this new organization within MDS. In addition, the associate will drive the establishment of customer documents and respond to Pharma customer needs and queries in support of a broad portfolio of MDS products, working closely with Customer Quality, Marketing, and Regulatory functions.
The role will require cross-functional leadership, influencing and negotiation skills, and project/program management proficiency in addition to the ability to directly lead associates in execution of tasks and projects. More specifically, your responsibilities may include:
- Provide technical direction and oversight of R&D activities. Define, plan, coordinate, and communicate R&D strategy and deliverables for the MDS B2B Pharma program and maintain a collaborative relationship with senior professional associates across functions.
- Participate in executing technical and/or cross-functional work
- Manage, prioritize, and track inquiries, tasks, and projects for the cross-functional B2B team to enable successful execution
- Drive and support the development of customer specifications and customer drawings for a broad portfolio of MDS products
- Conduct and encourage frequent formal and informal communication with the team to ensure full engagement and efficient operation
- Demonstrate strong and clear accountability for operational and program success
- Demonstrate leadership, learning agility, and action orientation when facing uncertainty. Instill confidence through leadership and actions
- Motivate the team to achieve individual and program objectives
- Foster the development of team members to excel in their performance, both functionally and cross-functionally
- Ensure compliance with BD quality policies, procedures, and practices
- Ensure compliance with all local, state, federal, and BD safety regulations, policies, and procedures
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering (Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science & Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or a closely related engineering degree required); advanced degree preferred.
- B.S.: 5+ years of experience in technical area. M.S./Ph.D.: 3+ years of experience in technical area.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in medical or pharmaceutical products, devices, and/or packaging. Leadership role preferred.
- Understanding of ISO standards pertaining to medical devices, particularly those related to drug delivery devices
- Experience in design and development of high volume medical devices; experience with drug delivery devices preferred
- Familiarity with Regulatory submissions and requirements for medical devices.
- Demonstrated experience in a technical leadership role on a cross-functional team
- Demonstrated experience with all phases of the Design Control process (21 CFR 820)
- Demonstrated understanding of product development considerations for tightly controlled, high-volume manufacturing processes
- Experience working with multidisciplinary teams with strong understanding of disciplined product development processes, regulatory, and quality requirements.
- Experience planning multiple work-streams, identifying risk, and implementing action plans to optimize timelines and reduce execution risk
- Experience managing global supply relationships, including project timelines, development direction, and IP
- Understanding of manufacturing process validation including FAI/FAT, development and IQ/OQ/PQ.
- Demonstrated understanding of the requirements management process, with demonstrated experience in design verification strategy and execution.
- Experience with design optimization for multi-component mechanical assemblies or systems involving injection molded and compression molded components
- Proficiency in SolidWorks or other equivalent 3-D CAD modeling software
- Understanding of technical drawing standards; GD&T training a plus
- Familiarity with statistical techniques
- Demonstrated ability to act as a change protagonist
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Team oriented
- Demonstrated versatility and learning agility
Primary Work LocationUSA NJ - Franklin Lakes