School Counselor Jobs Vacancy in Colorado Military Academy Colorado Springs
Colorado Military Academy Colorado Springs urgently required following position for School Counselor. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
School Counselor Jobs Vacancy in Colorado Military Academy Colorado Springs Jobs Details:
Colorado Military Academy (CMA), in support of student needs and the further growth of the Academy, is recruiting a second school counselor.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Coordination with staff and families on assigned student issues.
- Creating behavior and academic plans for students.
- Independent assessment of student and family circumstances when appropriate.
- Support of student development in line with Colorado Military Academy’s mission.
- Develop Individual Career and Academic Plan for students
- Advise the lead principal and area administrator of student life issues.
- Assessing the continuing operation of the intervention system at CMA.
- Collaboration and communication with teachers and other staff regarding student needs.
- Support positive behavior reinforcement.
- Modeling professional behavior for students.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Ability to demonstrate deep and thorough understanding of counseling theory and techniques
- Knowledge of typical development characteristics of the age group and exceptions to the general patterns, counselor displays knowledge of the extent to which individual students follow the general patterns.
- Ability to develop positive relationships with, build rapport with, and motivate both students and co-workers.
- Ability to successfully pass a comprehensive criminal background check.
- Related professional experience including guidance-related activities, counseling, or human services experiences with high school age students.
- CDE licensure as a School Counselor.
- Experience in developing and implementing affective/social skills lessons.
- Experience working with at-risk high school students.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and human relation skills.
- Capacity to function as an independent, self-motivated, and self-reliant self-starter who initiates appropriate actions and strategies and can work successfully without constant direction and close supervision.
- Experience working with student databases and standard office softwares.
Job Type: Full-time
- School Counselor License
Job Type: Full-time