Director Teacher Education Merced Campus Jobs Vacancy in Fresno Pacific University
Fresno Pacific University urgently required following position for Director Teacher Education Merced Campus. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Director Teacher Education Merced Campus Jobs Vacancy in Fresno Pacific University Jobs Details:
Department: School of Education
Reports to: Dean in the School of Education
Status: Faculty rank; non-continuing status track (non-tenure); clinical position;
Time commitment: Full-time; limited term 1-year appointment with option for 2nd year; 11-month faculty appointment
Start date: July 1, 2018
The Division of Teacher Education at FPU is committed to preparing highly qualified new multiple subjects and single subject teachers who are equipped to teach in the diverse communities throughout the Central Valley. The programs are offered on the university’s home campus in southeast Fresno and at two regional campuses Visalia and Merced. The programs have been offered at FPU’s regional campus in Merced since 2013.
The Director of the Teacher Education program will lead and manage the multiple and single subject credential programs at the Merced Campus and teach in the program. The Director will work with campus staff to develop partnerships with local schools and collaborate with educational leaders throughout the Merced area. The teaching credential programs in Merced benefit from a partnership with the University of California at Merced. The Directors of the UC Merced CalTeach program work closely with the Chair of the Division of Fresno Pacific’s Teacher Education program and the Director of Teacher Education at the Merced Campus to achieve the goals of this University Partnership which is guided by a Memo of Understanding .
- Provide leadership and management to all aspects of the multiple subjects and single subject programs at the Merced Campus;
- Work collaboratively with the Chair of the Division of Teacher Education and other program directors within the division to develop a high-quality, dynamic, teacher education program that targets the needs of K-12 schools, students, and teachers in the Central Valley;
- Recruit, support, and collaborate with adjunct teaching faculty and student teaching supervisors;
- Develop and sustain dynamic relationships with local school leaders and other educational agencies for the purpose of securing high quality student teaching placements and contributing to the overall educational vitality of Merced and Stanislaus Counties;
- Work alongside FPU and UC Merced personnel to recruit students to the program;
- Teach in the program (teaching assignment is dependent on candidate’s experience, research interests and program needs);
- Ongoing professional development and participation in teacher preparation professional organizations, and agencies;
- Maintain professional memberships and professional development;
- Admit and advise students;
- Manage all aspects of the credential program, including, but not limited to
- Scheduling courses;
- Organizing and facilitating outreach events;
- Organizing and facilitating all program events;
- Completing all program assessments as required by the divisional leadership;
- Developing and maintaining the program’s website;
- Managing student difficulties in a collaborative approach.
- MA in Education or related field;
- Record of successful experience teaching and/or leading in K-12 schools;
- Evidence of successful experience teaching college or post-BA students;
- Evidence of experience and effectiveness in managing individuals in a busy, complex work environment;
- Ability to work with students, staff, and faculty in a collegial environment;
- Ability to multi-task, solve problems and resolve conflicts;
- Ability to teach and work with persons from culturally diverse backgrounds;
- Information oriented computer skills;
- Commitment to the Christian faith and the University’s mission of Christ-centered teaching and learning and involvement in a local church.
- Terminal degree (Ed.D. or Ph.D.) in education or related field;
- Record or promise of scholarly achievement;
- Familiarity with, and/or experience working in, the field of teacher education;
- Knowledge of a language other than English (Spanish preferred);
- Membership in a Mennonite Brethren or Anabaptist congregation.
CompensationDependent on qualifications and experience, and paid out over 12 months. Full-time benefits include insurance (medical, vision, dental, LTD), retirement (TIAA-CREF), Section 125 options.
ApplicationSend a letter of application, a completed faculty application form (including personal statements), curriculum vita, three letters of reference (including one pastoral), and transcripts or placement file to
Gary Gramenz, Dean School of Education, Box 2001 Fresno Pacific University 1717 S. Chestnut Avenue Fresno, CA 93702 OR email firstname.lastname@example.org