Site Equine Center Lead Stablehand Jobs Vacancy in Greenacres Foundation Cincinnati
Greenacres Foundation Cincinnati urgently required following position for Site Equine Center Lead Stablehand. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Site Equine Center Lead Stablehand Jobs Vacancy in Greenacres Foundation Cincinnati Jobs Details:
Greenacres Horsemanship Academy LLC:
GHA is a highly motivated service organization focused on using our Equine Assets to provide custom-designed hands-on active horsemanship-based learning opportunities for children 8-18. All programs and lessons are customized to the needs of the individual group lessons which primarily consist of riders with skill sets from having never touched a horse before to 2’7” jumping. All lesson plans are tied to the Greenacres Equine Center curriculum based in the classical art of horsemanship with a focus on Eventing so that they contribute to the development and success of the individual rider.
In 1988 we focused on Environment Education, had one employee and provided hands-on programs about riparian zones for 60 children. In 2017 we provided programs based on the environment, generative agriculture, equine, and classical arts to over 32,000 visitors. Our programs are of the highest quality. They should be. Quality Quality Quality (QQQ) is a core value.
Our dedication to our values of Grace, Good Neighbor Policy, and Green cannot be overstated. Our employees strive to be the best of the best and flourish in a team environment where outcomes are the result of teamwork. Greenacres is not just a place to work – it is a career, a lifestyle, and a place to exude passion for the Mission and Vision of our Founders – Louis and Louise Nippert. We are here to serve the community and change the lives of children.
We employ the most curious and brilliant people. Our ideal candidate will be passionate about the Mission of Greenacres and our values. They will have a firm grasp of horse and pasture management as it relates to a large equine education facility. The Lead Stablehand role is a hands-on, team position and will drive the GHA to new heights. Greenacres is a Pony Club Riding Center– we are lifelong learners who believe that riding by itself is not complete until the aspects of horsemanship and horse management are added. By encouraging the integration of riding and horse management, GHA creates all-round horsemen/women to change the world.
If you love Horsemanship, Education, Eventing, Research and watching a child light up the room with a smile when they realize at Greenacres they matter, you might be a Greenacres person. We want seekers and sharers of knowledge with a passion for education, particularly in classical HORSEMANSHIP. Do you have a passion for HORSEMANSHIP as well as sharing the love of horses in a way that might transform the world?
The Lead Stablehand position works as a unified member of the Equine Center team under the supervision of the Equine Director. They are responsible for completing stable management jobs with the highest level of quality and efficiency, as well as determining the schedule of all Equine Center Stablehand employees. The Lead Stablehand will be responsible for:
- Reviewing daily activities with all stablehands and instructors
- Working with instructional staff to determine daily horse usage based on horse health and teaching needs
- Scheduling employee tasks/responsibilities each day
- Inspecting each completed job task
- Ensuring tack and equipment is returned and prepared for the next day
- Operating vehicles and powering equipment, such as trucks, utility vehicles, tractors and spreaders
- Being actively involved in the daily operations and tasks including but not limited to stall cleaning, feeding/watering, turnout, interacting with the vet/farrier, etc. of maintaining an active lesson barn
- Working with the Equine Director to maintain a pasture management plan as well as a parasite management plan and ongoing study
- Learning the Equine department operating procedures
- Providing support services for instructors during events which may include: set up, clean up, staffing, etc.
Do you have what it takes?
- 2-4 years of demonstrable equine facilities management.
- Able to work effectively with individuals of differing knowledge and background.
- Highly motivated and self-driven individual with attention to detail.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Desire to live a life of service to others by providing exemplary care of the horses and facilities that provide educational experiences focused on the art of Horsemanship.
- Ability to work with both internal and external partners with the same or very different backgrounds to ensure that all who visit Greenacres get the highest quality experience that addresses their needs.
- Knowledge or proven ability to obtain knowledge of best practices in Equine Management.
- Ability to be part of a team of dedicated equine educators to assure QQQ, Grace, Green, and Good Neighbor Policy.
- Ability to lead a team of employees to advance their knowledge of horse care and management.
- Ability to successfully pass a post-offer pre-employment drug test and fingerprint FBI background screen.
Why Choose Us?
As a company, we invest in our employees in all aspects of their lives. We understand that the health of yourself and families are very important, along with your time here at GHA. All TEAM Members of GHA are a part of Greenacres and live the values that we promote for our visitors: Grace, Good Neighbor Policy, Green, and Quality Quality Quality. Listed below you will find some of the top benefits and perks if you choose to be a part of our team.
- Market Competitive Salary
- Generous PTO Package
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance Plans
- Simplified Employee Pension Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Fun & Engaging Culture
- Ongoing training, education, and industry partnerships that allow you to be up to speed on the latest innovations, technologies and processes.
GHA LLC is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Job Type: Full-time
- equine facilities management: 3 years